Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my rescue "boy" Arthur out today, its been a while as he has times he wants to come out and times he doesn't. Anyway I forgot that honey my "girl" gets the right hump when she sees him and i normally cover her up while he's out. I didn't get to do it in time today so I filmed the results instead!

You will see why I have called them "boy" and "girl".... Have never sexed them properly as the rescue came to me as Arthur the boy and honey is too pretty to be a boy!!! Also this might help people decide whether or not to house beardies together... I know I never would as this video is mild compared to how honey normally is and I dread to think what she/he would do if he/she got hold of Arthur!

Beardie banter - YouTube

P.s I hope this works as its taken all afternoon to try and upload it!!!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I could be wrong as it has been a while since I had beardies but it seems to me that Honey MIGHT be a boy.

by the look of it Honey is trying to show her dominance by head bobbing ad Arthur's hand waving is a submissive gesture.

this is purely going on my memory 3 years a go though lol

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I could be wrong as it has been a while since I had beardies but it seems to me that Honey MIGHT be a boy.

by the look of it Honey is trying to show her dominance by head bobbing ad Arthur's hand waving is a submissive gesture.

this is purely going on my memory 3 years a go though lol
Unfortunately mate, females portray the exact same dominance signs as a male. Just because 1 head bobs, doesn't mean its a male and just because another waves its arm, again this doesn't make it female.

its just a universal thing like dogs marking their territory.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately mate, females portray the exact same dominance signs as a male. Just because 1 head bobs, doesn't mean its a male and just because another waves its arm, again this doesn't make it female.

its just a universal thing like dogs marking their territory.
Ah well this throws it all up in the air then! I will have to sex them out of curiosity now!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I got my rescue "boy" Arthur out today, its been a while as he has times he wants to come out and times he doesn't. Anyway I forgot that honey my "girl" gets the right hump when she sees him and i normally cover her up while he's out. I didn't get to do it in time today so I filmed the results instead!

You will see why I have called them "boy" and "girl".... Have never sexed them properly as the rescue came to me as Arthur the boy and honey is too pretty to be a boy!!! Also this might help people decide whether or not to house beardies together... I know I never would as this video is mild compared to how honey normally is and I dread to think what she/he would do if he/she got hold of Arthur!

Beardie banter - YouTube

P.s I hope this works as its taken all afternoon to try and upload it!!!

Going by their heads, their both male the one on the floor a little deformed in the tail? is smaller but is a male i think.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going by their heads, their both male the one on the floor a little deformed in the tail? is smaller but is a male i think.
Yeah his tail is kinked due to onset of mbd which he had when I got him. He's alot better now. I've had abit more of a look now and I think you are right, both males.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts