Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its the wife birthday soon and I want to get her a load of slings and maybe the odd juvi or two. We've got the time, space etc and she has the knowledge. I know a bit but not loads.

Anyway, the t's we have are all terrestrial and I want to get her some arboreal species as well. Obviously I'm going to have to sort out the enclosures so I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction.

What do you use to house your arboreal t's? Both slings and adults. Are there any steps to take to avoid them shooting out the top or does this not happen often?
I'd freak if an Ornamental shot out the top facehugger style...lol

I have access to acrylic so I can make enclosures no problem, but would need help with the design.

Cheers muchly :2thumb:

·
Registered
904 Posts
For slings I use pasta sauce tubs

and for Juvies I have an Avic which I have just rehoused into a faunarium but put it on its side.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
As its for a display, youd be best buying an exoterra 30x30x45 glass tank.
they dont bolt out of the enclosure. Once settled in theyd simply bolt to their hide.
depends what size spider your buying, and what kind of spider youd buy. Both have consequence to the ideal size of enclosure you need to provide.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers folks. Any more info on the pasta sauce tubs please Moonlight? I cant stand pasta so have no idea what the tubs are like...lol

I suppose its the type of enclosure I need info on really, as, like you say, size will depend on the spider.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
For my Avic. Versicolor sub adult/adult I've got a 30x30x45 exo-terra.. Coco-fibre as substrate (slightly damp) & a layer of sphagnum moss over the top.. Then a piece of corkbark stood up, sort of diagonaly leading to the top corner of the viv.. & an exo terra plant whacked in to make it look good :D

For slings I use cricket tubs stood on their ends (the ones with the foldy down corners).. Same substrate but not got sphagnum in.. Then a piece of corkbark & a little bit of fake plant for cover & stuff :)

For juvis I use small faunariums.. Same substrate, no sphagnum.. Chunks of corkbark :)

But there's loads of stuff you can use..

Slings - sling pots, jars, them 32p asda tub thingies..

Juvis - faunariums, sweet jars, tupperware, small cereal containers, custom aquaria..

Adults - exo-terras, big faunariums on their ends, big tupperware tubs, tall storage boxes, custom aquaria, big cereal containers..

HTH?

: victory:

·
Registered
904 Posts
This is the best pic I could get of mine just housed a tiny versi sling in it
Get them from any supermarket if its a larger sling you could use the fresh soup tubs.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome!!

Thanks loads for the help folks. That gives me something good to go on now. The wifes birthday isnt until July but I want to be prepared.

Cheers :2thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts