Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lastnite i heard what i thought was my cat spider having a scrap,so i went down and shouted him in,i could see him in the bushes but he wasnt coming normally no matter where he is as soon as you shout him he comes running :)
i walked towards the bushes to find him sitting ,his eyes were black with shock so i picked him up only to feel wet on his leg i looked at my hands and saw blood,for his sake i kept calm took him inside looked closer and a patch of fur was missing and there was a couple of puncture wounds so i put it down to a bad scrap,me and my boyfriend set to cleaning his leg,only we noticed his tail was limp.... as we turned him over he let out such an awful,awful cry........i new it was not a cat fight,i then checked his claws and they were all worn down i just new it,hed been hit by a car
i called the rspca at 12.00am they told me to bring him down and a nurse would admit him....we took him she checked him over came to the same conclusion,told me she would admit him make him comfortable and put him on pain releif and the vet would check him over in the morning and we would go from there......

3.30 pm today i called,spider still hasnt been seen by the vet,and still hasnt had any x rays,im so on edge theres nothing worse than when a pet gets hurt as they cant tell you whats wrong..i just hope the vet had a quick look over made sure there was no internal bleeding other wise hes been there for over 12hrs just on pain releif :(

im so,so upset about this ,he one in a million that cat he really is

sorry about the long post....

·
Registered
513 Posts
Aww i'mso sorry to hear that :( i'm sure he will be fine and will pull threw it :D from the sounds he is a strong cat :) post another thread to keep us updated when you know whats wrong. Hope he is ok x

Josh

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Oh hun I'm sorry but I have to say this, WTF have they done for him? When Fiddle got ran over the vet x rayed him while he was pretty limp, he wanted to check he didn't have a punctured lung as he was coughing up blood, he didn't dare give him any pain relief as he felt that it could kill him before he had checked this out. Poor Spider, I hope he recovers, thank god for your fast action, it will have saved his life last night. Big hug to you hun.

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats such a shame. Hope hes ok make sure u keep everyone updated...
Aww i'mso sorry to hear that :( i'm sure he will be fine and will pull threw it :D from the sounds he is a strong cat :) post another thread to keep us updated when you know whats wrong. Hope he is ok x

Josh

thanks guys ,the most amazing thing about it is he has dragged himself about 500yrds down an ally then climbed over our fence to get in the garden,,,hes a fighter :)

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh hun I'm sorry but I have to say this, WTF have they done for him? When Fiddle got ran over the vet x rayed him while he was pretty limp, he wanted to check he didn't have a punctured lung as he was coughing up blood, he didn't dare give him any pain relief as he felt that it could kill him before he had checked this out. Poor Spider, I hope he recovers, thank god for your fast action, it will have saved his life last night. Big hug to you hun.

i know im FUMING ,i hope for his sake and there sake he has no internal bleeding as over 12hrs later? hmmmm not good if hes just had pain relief
apparantly he wasnt priority as they had a few more emergency cases :bash:

·
Registered
513 Posts
thanks guys ,the most amazing thing about it is he has dragged himself about 500yrds down an ally then climbed over our fence to get in the garden,,,hes a fighter :)
Wow all that way:gasp: he really is a fighter :D i'm suprised the vet has left him over night and didnt act straight away! I would be fuming to!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thats not on...why wasnt he treated as an emergency?? Obviously, being run over is a bloody emergency!!! At least the vet should have had a quick look at him as soon as he came in for work...not waiting over 12 hours!! I do hope all goes well for your cat and you hun....keep us informed of what happens.

I would be complaining if it was me...but who do you report something like this to? :devil:

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
If you use a free charity vet then perhaps you don't get the right care if there are other priority cases. Far better to pay and see a normal vet who will be able to give 1 to 1 treatment right away.
This is where insurance comes in. And to think it'd only cost you around £2 a week, not even the cost of a packet of fags, but the pet gets proper vet care. No doubt they assessed him quickly and decided his life wasn't in immediate danger. I'd certainly write to the practice manager and ask for an explanation.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
havign said that fen i went to an emergancy vet a while back with scooby (cost a bomb), and i wasnt treated straight away, i waited 30 mins, now it wasnt a car accident, but thats not the point.

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
havign said that fen i went to an emergancy vet a while back with scooby (cost a bomb), and i wasnt treated straight away, i waited 30 mins, now it wasnt a car accident, but thats not the point.
30 minutes isn't 12 hours though. Did they say why there was a delay? I suppose it also depends on what the problem was.

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow all that way:gasp: he really is a fighter :D i'm suprised the vet has left him over night and didnt act straight away! I would be fuming to!
im more worried tbh ,but i think he would of been assessed to see how important it was to act,as i cant see them leaving him for over 12hrs

Thats not on...why wasnt he treated as an emergency?? Obviously, being run over is a bloody emergency!!! At least the vet should have had a quick look at him as soon as he came in for work...not waiting over 12 hours!! I do hope all goes well for your cat and you hun....keep us informed of what happens.

I would be complaining if it was me...but who do you report something like this to? :devil:
we will see what happens as he might of been given a quick check up,and god knows what other emergencies were rushed in :(

If you use a free charity vet then perhaps you don't get the right care if there are other priority cases. Far better to pay and see a normal vet who will be able to give 1 to 1 treatment right away.
This is where insurance comes in. And to think it'd only cost you around £2 a week, not even the cost of a packet of fags, but the pet gets proper vet care. No doubt they assessed him quickly and decided his life wasn't in immediate danger. I'd certainly write to the practice manager and ask for an explanation.
i DONT use a free charity vet i still have to pay,the rspca was the only local 24hr vet,i am registered and i am on benefits.,
so it was the first place i took him,im not bothered about cost my pets are everything.i am kicking myself he wasnt insured,i really am so i dont need to have that chucked at me.
im just hoping he was quickly given the once over as thats the only explanation i can think of.

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
30 minutes isn't 12 hours though. Did they say why there was a delay? I suppose it also depends on what the problem was.

they said they had a few more emergencies rushed in and the vet didnt get there till the morning.
he could still walk just not great was wobbly,he had reactions in his hind legs just not his tail,also he was in pain on one side of his pelvis.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
thats very true. it was beacuse i think they only have a couple of member of staff and there were two dogs in at the time and scooby was ''just'' having an allergic reaction to his steriods.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
theres unfortunately not much to be done now, but have you had a bit of a nosey around to see if there are other practises you can use in the future is ever something *knocks wood* was to happen? 12 hours really in unacceptable, its one thing to say 'yep the vet got here in the morning, weve had a few other casualties but he has been checked and he is scheduled for this afternoon as things seem ooook at the moment' than 'the vet got here this morning but we've not had the time to deal with your cat'..thats just crap!
good luck with your cat, he sounds like a fighter..

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
Omg Rach, I dont know what to say? I have everything crossed that he is going to fine and I am sure he will be hes a little fighter. Let me know what happens, I will catch you on msn later x

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
latest:
i got a phone call from the vet appologising,he had been assesed by the vet in the morning,she said is was clear to her he had no breaks in his pelvis as he was walking about gingerly,thats why he was xrayed so late
he had passed a lil blood in his urine but that is due to severe bruising as the xray showed no breaks or fractures and no internal bleeding
his tail still has no feeling or movement but this could be due to the bruising,worste case senario he has permenant nerve damage in his tail and also in his bouls,but he has passed urine so its just a case as weather he can feel his tail and controls his bouls,fingers crossed for my lil man
im just trying to get through to the r.s.p.c.a now for an update

1 - 20 of 26 Posts