Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone that doesn't know, Superintendent Julia Pendry is the senior police officer at the Met who is trying to push new legislation that would see all seized pit-bull types (taken from their homes even if they've never shown any signs of aggression) dystroyed immediatly, rather than kennelling the dogs for months while they go to trial to determine if they are in fact dangerous. If she gets her way, literally thousands of family pets will be taken from their owners and put to sleep.

She also likes to preach about these 'savage' dogs, saying owners must keep them under control in public. Yet when her german shepherd is let off the lead, and attacks another dog and severely injures it, it all gets brushed under the carpet and she's let off without even a formal warning. :censor:

'Devil dog' owned by senior police officer savaged my terrier | Mail Online

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
The whole thing stinks as far as I'm concerned and she shouldn't be allowed to get away with it - she should have had the dog on a lead in a public place!!

However, once again the media have senationalised the situation! No way is an Airdale Terrier half the size of a GSD. There's barely a couple of inches difference between the breeds.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
The whole thing stinks as far as I'm concerned and she shouldn't be allowed to get away with it - she should have had the dog on a lead in a public place!!

However, once again the media have senationalised the situation! No way is an Airdale Terrier half the size of a GSD. There's barely a couple of inches difference between the breeds.

Was thinking the same thing Eileen :whistling2:. An Airedale could even be bigger than a small GSD bitch, Airedales are the biggest Terrier breed :2thumb:.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Bigger then a pitbull?

Airedales are the biggest Terrier (talking about height here not weight), anyway Pitbulls aren't a "recognised" breed in the eyes of the KC :Na_Na_Na_Na:.

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
I'm sure an Airedale dog should be about 24" to the shoulder and a bitch a couple of inches less. GSD dogs are about 26-28" and bitches about 24-26"

So certainly no way would an Airedale be half the size of a GSD!

Bloody media! :roll:

·
Registered
38,264 Posts
absolutely disgusting , i hope they will now strip her of her "power" as shes obviously too stupid to use it

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
absolutely disgusting , i hope they will now strip her of her "power" as shes obviously too stupid to use it
I doubt they will do anything to her hun, look at the a-hole copper who left the German Shepards to die in the heat of his police van. :devil:

·
Registered
38,264 Posts
I doubt they will do anything to her hun, look at the a-hole copper who left the German Shepards to die in the heat of his police van. :devil:
oh tell me about it :devil: they need to be prosecuted just like anyone else would be

1 - 11 of 11 Posts