Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My ball python was in blue (shedding) and i was doing the daily inspection of his whole body, I got distracted for just a matter of seconds and he went for the black hole of the sofa i was sitting on, i got him out, but he scratched his belly's old skin, damaging the tender new one in the process, it looks bad, but I'm taking care of it with triple antibiotic daily. How long will it take to heal? 馃槥

Registered
Daily inspection ???

Have I missed something !?

I didn鈥檛 get the email saying I had to inspect all MY snakes on a daily basis?? B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Registered
Daily inspection ???

Have I missed something !?

I didn鈥檛 get the email saying I had to inspect all MY snakes on a daily basis?? B

Careful Zinc, you'll be accused of being rude, stroppy, condescending etc 馃槀

Registered
Sadly, RF, isn't the best place to get a serious answer anymore, better off asking on reddit lol.
Anymore ?

You鈥檝e only been a member here for about 5 minutes ( ok weeks ) :)

I do kinda regret the wording of my reply and a quick check on my post history will show that isn鈥檛 my style at all.

I was kinda wondering if everyone else were checking their snakes every day - I鈥檝e never heard of that but nobody said anything in their replies ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro ok

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i do check him daily, at least 5 mins to see he's doing ok. Anyways, does it makes a difference ointment from cream? :unsure:

Registered
Where did you get the antibiotics from? Please don't use antibiotics meant for humans, they could potentially be harmful to him /her - take the snake to a vet.
If you have been to a vet and they have prescribed the antibiotics, give them a ring and say you have a few queries.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Registered
Well i do check him daily, at least 5 mins to see he's doing ok. Anyways, does it makes a difference ointment from cream? :unsure:
That wont do anything for the snake. Handling is a stressful experience, they tolerate it not enjoy it. - Stick to visual inspections and let the snake settle

Registered
Anymore ?

You鈥檝e only been a member here for about 5 minutes ( ok weeks ) :)

I do kinda regret the wording of my reply and a quick check on my post history will show that isn鈥檛 my style at all.

I was kinda wondering if everyone else were checking their snakes every day - I鈥檝e never heard of that but nobody said anything in their replies ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro ok
Nope. Not the same anymore. And i am a bit longer member. In fact I joined before you with my old account 鈥楪omjaba鈥 and it def. changed. Posting on RFUK is nowadays like asking as a beginner how to run 鈥榶um鈥 on a Linux forum with 500M developer posts. Don鈥檛 expect a kind response:)

Registered
Nope. Not the same anymore. And i am a bit longer member. In fact I joined before you with my old account 鈥楪omjaba鈥 and it def. changed. Posting on RFUK is nowadays like asking as a beginner how to run 鈥榶um鈥 on a Linux forum with 500M developer posts. Don鈥檛 expect a kind response:)
I just think that is oldies are kinda sick of all the trolls and fake accounts that throw up one crazy post / question never gonna seen again.

Example::

Registered
Despite us old guys being sick of trolls we still participate in the forums rather than just leave.
That would certainly help... I wonder what all these one time posters who want advice on licking snakes, or using food colouring to help garter snakes see snails eggs, or any other similar threads would do then..... :)

But in reality a lot of the old guys did leave, and recently following the recent update. Some due to the look and feel of the software, others due to the sudden increase in new members, a lot of which seems to be form the other side of the pond who would post one or two posts, which in all fairness were irrelevant to a UK based platform due to cultural or logistical reasons. With a lot of theses one time posters responding to threads that were 10 or more years old, and often in the classified section. I mean it would be obvious that a classified listing for hatchlings in 2010 would not be current...

I have my own conspiracy theories as to why this is happening, but it is that, just a theory.... This forum was on the brink of folding and fading away, it was sold and hey presto now the post count and membership is up which must please the stakeholders. The fact its becoming full of trolls is irrelevant to the figures.

Yes this forum frustrates me as a long time member. It will never be the same as it was back in 2010 when it was almost impossible to keep up with the threads it was that busy, and the threads were meaningful, and genuine. In fact given that the internet is so readily available these days given the modern phone, you would expect the forum to be busier as people don't have to wait to get home to login and check all the post from the previous night..... so when someone posts for advice on a possibly injured reptile, and then it's three or four days before they respond, if at all, then it screams troll or that the poster isn't that concerned about reading follow up posts and advice. Maybe it's just me being an old fart... (retirement is not that far away)... I'll get off the soap box and get my coat as we've taken this way off topic

1 - 18 of 18 Posts