Reptile Forums banner

81 - 100 of 207 Posts

·
Creator of RFUK - Now Retired.
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
i did i sent pm saying payment sent
lol, so you did! you wouldnt believe the amount of PMs I get... sorry, completely missed that one :D

All sorted from today though, your years subscription is active... sorry about that :)

·
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Aww, you should have said you were signing up.. Southampton people get a discount ;)

·
*****istrator
11,351 Posts
Your looking at where the money is going Steve. ;)

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
Here is the Tbo before subscriptions and after subscriptions pictures :lol2:
That's one hell of a boob job he had :lol2:

·
Registered
27,819 Posts
This is a paid upgrade designed to cover both the hosting costs for the upgraded features and also to cover future site costs, developements, competitions and other features for RFUK.
I just wondered what the highlighted bits meant and where the money would be going ?

Speaking from past experience, now RFUK has paying membership, it pays to be transparent as to the accounts.

·
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
lol Andy nice one... :D

ratboy, sorry ill be sure to keep you updated with the accounts (you obviously didnt see the new expensive looking icons and buttons) ;)

·
Banned
5,401 Posts
why dont you offer different upgrades at different prices?

As not everyone might not want every upgrade you offer as a whole package

Create a PAYPAL shop and have some paypal buttons with the upgrades and prices

Just chuckin my 2p's worth in lol

·
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #98 (Edited)
why dont you offer different upgrades at different prices?

As not everyone might not want every upgrade you offer as a whole package

Create a PAYPAL shop and have some paypal buttons with the upgrades and prices

Just chuckin my 2p's worth in lol
I know 83p a month might be pushing it ;) but that covers the picture hosting side of things, the extra storage, and (hopefully) contributes a bit to the site. I see anything else as just a bit of fun extras, they cost nothing for me to offer apart from the administration side.

RFUK uses nearly 10GB of data transfer a DAY, with the picture hosting offered I suspect this will increase quite significantly. I dont plan on offering different packages, if people want the extra features fine... if not then thats fine too :)

EDIT: just for general info, RFUK served well over 5 million page views in Feb! I recorded no downtime or significant slow page loading.. (this doesnt come cheap) ;)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
RFUK uses nearly 10GB of data transfer a DAY
Thats a lot of gigs.... I figure I spend enough time on here that 83p a months nothing. I enjoy the facilities on offer and if I can do my bit to keep this place going and allow Tbo to offer more features then that well worth 83p to me.

·
Banned
5,401 Posts
that is a lot of data and it definatly shows with the QOS on the site... I'm guessing the server is a LINUX / UNIX based one? as lets face it a WINBLOWS cant cope with nothin lol

i noticed someone mentioned a shout box which isnt really useful in any sense maybe a live chat feature like 123 Flash Chat i think its called..

Is pretty cheap to buy and you can create numerous chat rooms on it for the different subjects on the site...

Again only an idea and this could also be charged for to cover the costs of

81 - 100 of 207 Posts