Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping you guys could post some pics of your Ackie and BTS set ups please. I'd be very grateful.

I have both species on my wishlist and I'm hoping that pictures and set up details will help with my research and help me plan things better.

Cheers :2thumb:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone??

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
:lol2: I replied to you in the other thread, but I also have a BTS, ummmm, I don't have any pics of his set-up but basically 100 ish basking temp with a large flat rock underneath the bulb. A good few inches of substrate, he likes ecoearth and we're trying that hemp stuff this week. We press his cork bark into the substrate and he makes a little burrow under it which he sleeps in. Water dish big enough for him to sit in should he so wish...

Ummmm...he seems to like his fake plants, likes to hide in them. They are more active than I expected so we put logs and stuff for him to climb on and that.

And UV too, I have exoterra 8.0 but I'm goin to upgrade to the zoomed ones when my bro gets round to ordering them from work...

Ummm....can't think of anything else off the top of my head! But hes a lovely, nosy little thing :2thumb:

: victory:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Miffikins :2thumb: I love those and Ackies but I try to find out what I can to see if I can house them properly.

Could you tell me what size viv your BTS is in please? Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
He was in a 2x2 when we first got him and he was about 7". He grew stupidly fast and last time I measured, about 2 months ago he was 13", we only got him in January :lol2:

He's now in 48"x20"x20" and that seems a good size for him for the time being. He comes out quite a lot for excercise too as do the ackies...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers :2thumb:

I was thinking 4x2x2 so I was about right with that and the ackies viv. Game on!

·
Registered
404 Posts
These are pics of my BTS viv. It is 6ftx2ftx2ft.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Oooh thats lovely blink! Don't suppose you've ever tried that hemp bedding?? We use eco earth which he loves rummaging in, but we thought we may have a change, but still something that holds a bit of humidity for him.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I use hemp at the moment and find it works really well, he can burrow around in it and it also absorbs his wee really well. Plus poos show up really obviously :lol2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.