Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not 100% but think i may have found traces of blood in ackie poo.
Iv noticed one being less active today than the other - both normally real explorers

I have 2 and kept together so iv split them and pt the one i believe to be the one on newspaper so i can get a clean sample

The viv temp and humidity are spot on

The other is its usual self running around although not ruling this one out

Any ideas what this could be?

Their diet this week has been - morio, locust and few wax between them

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I'd check the next sample, if there is blood in it then get them to a vet you can never be too careful!
Hope theyre ok. :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
As above, keep an eye and if it happens again, get it in a test tube and take the poop and the ackie to the vet. You're in Manchester....sooo....if you drive, Pennine Vets is good, they have a branch in Tottington, Bury and one somewhere else. Google them and their website should come up. They're good with reps and have a big rep care display in the foyer....

: victory:

EDIT not sure why I said test tube lol but a plastic tub or something

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like i said iv seperated them and only one has pooed since - this is the ackie i thought it was - and its poo is just white

Iv booked them in at pennine tomorrow afternoon for them both be checked over and wormed if he reconmends doing so

spoken to a few people and they think they may need worming and like said locust discolour

They are booked in for tomorrow afternoon should i feed them tomorrow or let them wait - thinking for poo sample etc?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE:

well i managed get stool samples from both ackies,
took them down to pennine vets and she examined them both - and the stool.

She told me not to worry as what i was seeing was colour pigments from morio worm, she weighed them and was happy with there overall health

she did advise me to worm them due to there background history - so i did

The vet belives they are 2 females - she didnt have a probe with her at bolton vets but made an appointment for next week

Panic over:bash:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts