Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would you recommend for a first time monitor keeper.

Also any care tips and hints you have laying around would be greatly appreciated. heat, humidity, viv size etc :D

thanking you
Mike

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
hi i have a lovely little ackie he is absolutly adorrable he is in a 60 liter modified fish tank at the moment and has loads of room he has a great temperement and has bitten me 2 times but throught falt of my own luckily it dosent hurt u just have to make sure u dont put it away strait away outherwise it will asosiat bitting with going home!!!
dan

·
Registered
244 Posts
go for an ackie mate, i have an ackie aswell, never been bitten not even once!
great fun to watch, you'll never get bored of one lol!
feeding time is class!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
hi i have a lovely little ackie he is absolutly adorrable he is in a 60 liter modified fish tank at the moment and has loads of room he has a great temperement and has bitten me 2 times but throught falt of my own luckily it dosent hurt u just have to make sure u dont put it away strait away outherwise it will asosiat bitting with going home!!!
dan

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
dan

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i like ackies, but everyone who has a dwarf monitor has an ackie. plus the peacocks are a quality looking lizard.

I will have both eventually. But i'm not allowed to convert the shed to a reptile room, until i start my NVQ in exotic care.

Anyone keep peacock monitors?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts