Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My axies had a fungal problem, so I treated them. The instructions on the bottle said to remove the activated carbon from the filter - I took out what I thought was the activated carbon - then dose them and, after 2 days, re-dose to double check it is all cleared up. This I did with no problems. Then after a further 2 days, I was instructed to replace the activated carbon into the filter to remove the colouration the treatment had given the water. I replaced what I had taken out and there has been no change for 1-2 days, so I obviously don't have activated carbon in my filter....
Does anyone know where to get some from (guessing an aquatics shop) and how to use it in my filter?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
67 Posts
activated carbon is basically small bits bits of charcoal in a bag so if that is what you had removed then thats correct but it only lasts for about 6 months or its knackered by tap water and needs to be replaced.
most aquatic centres will stock replacement carbon as well as carbon and ammonia remover in the same pack which is worth looking in to

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooo...nope I got it wrong:blush: My filter didn't come with it...so is there any way it would go in it...?

·
Registered
67 Posts
depends on the filter. you should be able to get a replacement sponge with carbon impregnated. whats the filter?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts