Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an adult male yemen/veiled chameleon. does anybody know if i can put any other animals in with it.

Also i have been looking around the net for a decent rain/mist system.
Can anybody give me any more links/ideas etc...

cheers

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
i wouldnt put anything in with your yeman to be honest.yemans get stressed real easy and the best way to stress a yeman is to put something with it.yemans are best kept alone. :wink:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
that exo terra fogger...seen that in action... looked pretty good to be honest...
I heard the same brand "mister" wasnt so good though but havent seen it in action.
They basically use the same element as what those ornamental bird table looking things [that hold water] that can go in your lounge than emit a fog around them..exactly same thing so i reckon the bits to put one together can be bought from somewhere like..er.. i dunno..a plant shop..or er... ok i cant think where else sorry.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
the foggers are pants..in order to emit fog the water is cooled and the fog is cold which is not good for any cham...you do not need a mister with yemens..you just need to spray twice a day with warm water so it comes out tepid...people that spend £££ on elaborate systems are pretty much wasting their money yemens simply do not need it!

as for lizards i with a yemen..unless it is another female then no!!! yemens will eat smaller lizards like leopard geckos and anything bigger will just annoy them...

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
i didnt realsie it cools the water to be honest..in that case it seems likely to cause respitory problems if nothing else.
thanks fo rthe tip by the way as i think trese was impressed and wanted to use them at some point.

What you could do is have a concealed aquarium heater to warm water and then a small pump in it to add humidity...
But as said... misting with warm water is the best way to keep humidity up..its a peace of piss..its keeping it down that i have trouble with lol

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
the scientific reason is that the transition of water in a fogger has an expanding and cooling effect much like a refrigerator...they are both based on the same principal...good for amphibs in certain cases but not so good for rep that needs to be kept at a higher temp...would be like being plunged into cold water!! :) a bit shocking.. :shock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts