Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own 2 bearded dragons 1 male and 1 female, the have laid eggs together and seem very happy and they have bin together for about 1 year now but recently my male beardy has bin flattening him self out darkening his beard opening his mouth all at once and running around the viv, and my female beardy has bin acting strangly too she has bin lieing in 1 corner not moving all curled out and when i opened the cage she flew out! and hide under my bed in the corner! she seems too be scared of my other beardy... please can some 1 help me!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
She maybe wants away from the male hun. My male would not give my female a rest he was always on top of her I had to seperate them in the end cause though it looks nice to see them together a madly testosteroned male beardie is enough to run away from.

I would suggest giving ya female a break hun and seperating cause whilst you not looking old test head will be torturing her.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
I've got to agree with what's already been said - the male has probably got to sexual maturity and the onset of summer has got him into breeding mode. From the sounds of things the female is less than impressed.

Generally situations like this will just get worse and worse through the summer - you need to get them separated asap and let them live separately unless you want to breed them. Even then, you should only put them together for a few weeks, then keep them separate. Beardies don't need company and do just fine on their own.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
would getting another female help at all? take some presure off my female? and why has this suddenly happened, just aday ago they were fine, sitting together all day and happy couple is it just ruby dosn't want to mate and Barney does [my male] also do u think i could put them back together after the summer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts