Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have some adult iguanas to rehome, they are all rescues but most are verry tame, experienced rep keepers only and full setup is a must beforehand, am willing to travel within reason (anywhere in scotland and north england)
anyone interested pm me or reply here, priority will go to anyone already registered with me but iguanas are not for everyone so anyone seriously looking to keep an iggy please get in contact.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i want an iggy but i really would struggle getting an enclosure together right now.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
i think the enclosure is the main thing.adult iggys need huge spaces.will u be going round to there hooses to make sure its all good before u place the iggys??

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
yeh i have plenty of space FOR an enclosure, i jsut dont have one right now and couldnt get one sorted any time soon. Would really like an iggy, its just getting an enclosure thats my problems as I aint much of a DIY person and dont have the funds to make one right now since recently getting two large ones for the boscs.

·
Registered
336 Posts
i really would but they need more room than i have in my whole house :( between my beardies, my kids and wife.

got room for a couple of leos or similar maybe, wish you all the best in finding homes for them.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
lol its killing me with all these iggies come up. one would probably do well in the same type of viv champ has but bigger but i wouldnt wanna throw a home together for something, would rather i put it together with my love :p

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
an adult iggy will need at least a 12ft x 8ft x 8ft well thats what ours is in.adult iggys need experienced owners i reckon and lots of room. :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah you got some shit hot enclosures weeminx, i have another rescue iggy, shes 13yo and will just live out her days with me. was gonna section off a good sized bit of my loft conversion like iv done for the burms but she loves to roam! iv built her a platform and ramp up to the window ledge where she sits all day under her uv and ir bulbs, i have a 6x4x4 as a dark warm hide with habba mist and another uv (compact), i find she goes into the hide sometimes but shed rather roam the room and climb everything (iv put some branches from floor to celing).
they do need a lot of space, a lot of people prefer to give their iggys free roam and i agree up to a certain extent.
adult iggys need experienced owners
most definateley, they aint for everyone, iv had a load of offers for homes for the 9 but only 3 that are experienced enough for me to even consider!

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
free roaming is cool we let havoc out alot.(well he askes to get oot) hes gettin frisky lately displaying to gav and his mum :shock: i dont think some people realise how big iggys get.its not so easy handling an iguana whos 5ft+ and weighs loads lol(we havent weighed ours) but hes heavy and his claws oh my!!!! gav got his arm clawed just the other day by havoc climbing up him like a tree :shock: ouch was funny tho seeing havoc hugging gavs hat(once he got to his head).and also getting tail whipped by an adult isnt much fun either :cry: lol.all these iggys have given gav some ideas i have to tell u ross.now hes thinking of having one of yours.lol :lol: u should defo come over to see all the reps one weekend. :wink:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
id love it if you guys took one. i feel for gav, my arms look like iv been self harming lol
id love to come over, you have some impressive reps and enclosures and it would be nice to see them in the flesh!
dont know if i mentioned but i have some chinese water dragons too, only thing im worried about is the fact they are wild caught!!! they are only babies but wild caught reps should be BANNED!!!!
if you decide on an iggy, i have males and females, wide selection of size character etc.....
a couple were badly abused and have some scarring and old injuriesbut almost all of them are real tame, one or two arte a bit nervous and 1 male is down right hostile!

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
iggys take a wee while to settle after being moved havoc took about 6months to settle in after gav got him. :cry: and at this time of year he seems to get boisterous.we are seriously thinking about gettin one of your adults but will mean finding a home for our young iggy.(we dont think he likes his present gf)lol.shes fiesty ill tell ya she loves whipping gav. :lol: :lol: i think gav is gonna give u a call over the weekend anyway. :wink:

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
are the water dragons up 4 rehoming or are u going to keep them.? we arnt fans of wc either saying that we rescued a pair of fischer chams that were wild caught and homer our uro is wc too.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
its a female shes around 2 yrs old in good health full of life lol.she doesnt like to be handled and is very curious about people.she likes to watch us when we are in the rep room but then we go to see her and she whips lol. heres a pic
[/URL] [/img]

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
the space isnt a question, i have quite alot of room left in the backroom that could be filled with a big enclosure, it really is just making one at such short notice. I am thinking of definately getting an iggy in the future so perhaps I shall wait this time and let ur iggies go to the currently available homes and when I do get a set up arranged I shall let u know for future rehomes. I havent experienced an iggy and I reckon they are definately harder than keeping a bosc but I reckon I could step up to the mark and be able to cope with one, not all my animals get handled, the king snake for example is pretty much left well alone, so if an agressive iggy ever needs a home thats going to leave him be and not cause his stress trying to tame him, i'd be up for that.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hiya im new to this, just wanted to say my wee princess died before christmas and i was lost without her but i took on a new iggy last week called izzy shes perfect except.... lol she doesnt like the huge and expensive tank i had for her :| and decided she now lives ontop of my chameleons tank under his basking light so i have the tank going spare if anyone wanted it it cost me a fortune and is 7x6x3ft with a 250w ceramic light and 500w repti-radiator both with thermostats a uv light and 4 levels to sit on, im in glasgow if anyones interested make me an offer hope your iggys find new homes if only i had a bigger house lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts