Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen alot of people who feed there royals mice, it would be easier to keep them on rats because they somtimes prey imprint and it will save u hassle in the future and it costs less to feed one rat, rather than multiple mice :D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I always try to start my snakes on rats where size allows,for the same reason.I think all SP of snakes can on occasion be difficult to switch.This is not fun when you are talking about a big snake! I did hear of an american keeper who could't get his retic to take rats and was feeding him 10 mice in a sitting!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
My royal started on rat weaners but then had to go onto x large mice due to running out without realising... he has just taken a small rat weaner though so its still all good.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
hhmmm iv neva had this prob, all my royals that I have had from babies...all are on mice till the mice cant get any bigger then move onto rats...guess I must be lucky cuz they all made the switch :D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Mine don't seem to care what they eat either Nat! Syphon will only strike if its a smallish rat.... eats larger ones once she's sure they're not alive, but otherwise they have no preference for mouse over rat.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Ok, I have heard this quite alot now. And im going to take action, I have asked about on other forums, mainly on "livefoods.co.uk" because thats where i get my mice from (yes mice..).

Anybody shop from livefoods and bought "large mice" before? I know for defernate the mice are to small for her, i give her two, and theres no bulge at all. So my question is, what stage of rat do i buy up from a large mouse...

Livefoods.co.uk would be so much easier if they had picture of the rodents... Help Appreciated.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Rat weaners.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Cheers for clearing that up NNY, Oh hes good isnt he people ;p lol. Could of look at prices, but wanted to be sure :)

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Make sure you get small rat weaners though...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts