Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

my UV starter has packed in this morning, so my beardy is without UV! Argh!

How long-a period can they go without UV without any detriment to their health? (The local shops only stock T8's, and I want T5.

cheers

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Hi All!

How long-a period can they go without UV without any detriment to their health? (The local shops only stock T8's, and I want T5.

cheers
itll be fine for a couple of days! :) until u get ur t5

·
Registered
767 Posts
Hi All!

cheers

Somebody close to you may have one, from RFUK? Worth a wanted post!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the response guys. When I got him the previous owner had him with a 12" T8 5%, and said he doesn't really do much, then as soon as I got him he went into brumation, but i've ungraded everything and he doesn't show any signs of MBD of any other lasting effects, he simply WONT eat veg though. Any ideas on that (I've tried putting meal worms in with them, and pureed apple, but alas he's not interested? I'm feeding him a variety of wriglies (Dubia, meal worm, crickets, locusts, fruit beetle grubs, wax worms, morios...all with vitamin and calcium dusting) which he seems to enjoy, will this be a problem in the long run?

I'll put up a wanted add (for borrow).

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Cheers for the response guys. When I got him the previous owner had him with a 12" T8 5%, and said he doesn't really do much, then as soon as I got him he went into brumation, but i've ungraded everything and he doesn't show any signs of MBD of any other lasting effects, he simply WONT eat veg though. Any ideas on that (I've tried putting meal worms in with them, and pureed apple, but alas he's not interested? I'm feeding him a variety of wriglies (Dubia, meal worm, crickets, locusts, fruit beetle grubs, wax worms, morios...all with vitamin and calcium dusting) which he seems to enjoy, will this be a problem in the long run?

I'll put up a wanted add (for borrow).
whats his setup like? temps? uv length? percentage? viv size? ect. i take it u will have a 12%? and for the t5's you need a new controller :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Currently in an exoterra 90 (which I know is too small, and i'm saving up for a 4ft for him, he's out and about at least once a day for an hour), 39W 12% UV, hot spot 40c (105F) with exo terra rock, cool end 25-27c (75-80F), kept warm at night with a heat mat on the side of the tank (about 21-22c (71F) at night. All measured with a digital thermometer. He had sand when I got him, but he's now on draw liner+newspaper, has access to fresh fruit and veg (which he doesn't touch), insects (which he scoffs as soon as i'm out of sight) and water (which he drinks lots if reminded, but forgets its there). his viv looks a bit clinical without any sand, but as long as he's healthy that's more important.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Currently in an exoterra 90 (which I know is too small, and i'm saving up for a 4ft for him, he's out and about at least once a day for an hour), 39W 12% UV, hot spot 40c (105F) with exo terra rock, cool end 25-27c (75-80F), kept warm at night with a heat mat on the side of the tank (about 21-22c (71F) at night. All measured with a digital thermometer. He had sand when I got him, but he's now on draw liner+newspaper, has access to fresh fruit and veg (which he doesn't touch), insects (which he scoffs as soon as i'm out of sight) and water (which he drinks lots if reminded, but forgets its there). his viv looks a bit clinical without any sand, but as long as he's healthy that's more important.
do u gutload ur insects? i had a 110-115f basking. and the exo rock, its not a hot rock is it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Usually gutload them yeah, with porridge and any left over veg. It's not a hot rock no, just one of those rocks with a hole for a hide underneath. The hot spot may warm up a bit over the day, but he's at 105F at the moment.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Usually gutload them yeah, with porridge and any left over veg. It's not a hot rock no, just one of those rocks with a hole for a hide underneath. The hot spot may warm up a bit over the day, but he's at 105F at the moment.
ok it sounds fine! :) try putting mealworms in his veg bowl.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts