Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone could help Ive just started breeding with success except with my poss super giant tremper albino (mosses granddaughter) who went with my poss giant mack snow she has laid 6 eggs but only 1 fertile which is due to hatch around the 9 of june all looks well with that one but all others have deffo failed well i say deffo but as i say this is my first season but when i candled them the one looks fine vains and all but the other five are just a very light yellow ive keeped them in with the other eggs just to make sure and i was wondering would it be due to her fist season her weight is 79.gram's or is it a hard pairing genetically to produce from i can not see why but as i have said im new to the breeding side but so far had a roughly a 95% hatch rate so far with 15 other eggs all doing fine it's just my mack snow and my tremper that are the odd ones with just the one so far please help i can not work out why advice needed please.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry miss typed her weight she is 89.9:bash:
just wondering if anyone could help Ive just started breeding with success except with my poss super giant tremper albino (mosses granddaughter) who went with my poss giant mack snow she has laid 6 eggs but only 1 fertile which is due to hatch around the 9th of june all looks well with that one but all others have deffo failed well i say deffo but as i say this is my first season but when i candled them the one looks fine vains and all but the other five are just a very light yellow ive keeped them in with the other eggs just to make sure and i was wondering would it be due to her fist season her weight is 79.9gram's or is it a hard pairing genetically to produce from i can not see why but as i have said im new to the breeding side but so far had a roughly a 95% hatch rate so far with 15 other eggs all doing fine it's just my mack snow and my tremper that are the odd ones with just the one so far please help i can not work out why advice needed please.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
it is not uncommon to have eggs that when candled and show no veining to go on and hatch anyway, infertile eggs would have begun to collapse if you think the hatching date is around a week away?
are you incubating at the extremes of temp eg 25 c for female 33 c for male? this could have caused the embryo not to begin development, however i would have expected the eggs to have shriveled an possibly moulded by now if they were no good.
genetically difficult pairings usually result in normal babies, not dead eggs as its the desired genes that are hard to get lined up, not the embryo to develop.
incorect nutrition and low supplementation are usually the cause of infertile eggs if the female was definitely mated when her ovums were visible through her stomach,(not to be confused with the fat stores lower down)
were the eggs well calcified? as this can also prevent the torch light showing you the veins, the calcium layer directs the light like the edge of a pane of glass, so it doesn't shine through, it shines around

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks boywonder
I'm incubating them at 86 to 88 also the first two which are due on the 9th one is ok the other one is very yellow inside like the other 4 which where laid 15 days apart but none of them look like going mouldy or collapsing very white a nice shape and i must admit the one from the first clutch does seem to be growing even though it looks yellow inside also i supplement with reptivite and alternate with nutrobal and i always keep ground cuddle fish in with all my geckos i also give them one pinkie a week also the other female who's in with her and she also went with the same male all her eggs are fine so far 100% success with her god knows ill put a picture up later to see if that helps.
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

it is not uncommon to have eggs that when candled and show no veining to go on and hatch anyway, infertile eggs would have begun to collapse if you think the hatching date is around a week away?
are you incubating at the extremes of temp eg 25 c for female 33 c for male? this could have caused the embryo not to begin development, however i would have expected the eggs to have shriveled an possibly moulded by now if they were no good.
genetically difficult pairings usually result in normal babies, not dead eggs as its the desired genes that are hard to get lined up, not the embryo to develop.
incorect nutrition and low supplementation are usually the cause of infertile eggs if the female was definitely mated when her ovums were visible through her stomach,(not to be confused with the fat stores lower down)
were the eggs well calcified? as this can also prevent the torch light showing you the veins, the calcium layer directs the light like the edge of a pane of glass, so it doesn't shine through, it shines around

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
just leave them to incubate and they might surprise you by hatching

1 - 5 of 5 Posts