Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am lookin to buy a savannah/bosc monitor but most of the ones i find are CF. Now as a snake person mainly i have been thru all the arguments for CB v CF but i wondered what the views were when it comes to lizards.

if that makes sence lol

so in short should i stay clear of captive farmed animals?????

·
Registered
632 Posts
again like everything its gonna be personal preferance, personally i would go for a CB as CF are bred on a larger basis u r more likely to get an ill one :? i would rather get a "safe" animal from CB :D

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
yeah thats a hard one, i'd chose CB anyday but i don't think i've ever come across a CB bosc? am i alone here or are there loads out there?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the cheapest CF one was £33.47

what should i pay for a decent one ??

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
it depends on size, age, condition etc... they range massively. you just gotta look about.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
i payed 40 for my cb bosc hes only this years but hes already getting big:|

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
klair328 said:
i payed 40 for my cb bosc hes only this years but hes already getting big:|
where was that from, shop or breeder ????

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i think my bosc was captive farmed but he's got lovely character and he's been doing really well. he's just over year and i measured him other day at 26inches. never had a problem with him though he got a respiratory infection once and he has a bad toe at the moment.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
yeah mine is CF as well and he's perfect. nowt wrong at all. oo except very stroppy still. :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just found a place that has CB06 boscs but it in chesterfield. :(

I'm going off to cry now

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
there are some cb available down here at the mo i think...bit too far for you though!! sorry.... :(

the difference in cb and cf is the treatment of the parents..i have heard some nasty stories about cf like burying the adults in the ground so they don't have to worry about them laying..they just wait till they die then take out the eggs..not nice...

the babies are usually pretty healthy but you would be better off going to someone who cares for the adults and not just the £££...

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: oh no thats horrible :(

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
yeah not nice there are some really horrible stories...think is is mostly on farms abroad and i'm sure any cf animals over here are better kept however you never know..keep thinking about chickens and the state they are kept in when intensively reared...eeurgh..can you imagine that with reps? :cry:

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
:cry: :cry: :cry:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts