Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My husband (azpiercedaz) has almost finished building the viv to house some beardies (at some point this year hopefully). Anyway, we were wondering what size UV light to get. we can get hold of a uv black light/strip light at 2ft or 18 inch, which would be best if any?
Also, hes made some windey type slanted slopes and a bridge out of polysterine then coated with grout for strength and a pva sand mix, is this ok?
Cheers
H

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou me lovely :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Have all your questions been answered Hun? Otherwise I might be able to help! :)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
errr lol well.... I used to care for Beardies when I did care of exotics at college around 9/10 years ago, obviously being female and blonde, its all become a blurr :shock: .
I see you have Beardies. What sort of viv size wise and equipment wise do you have??
Hx

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
missy,
tell us the size of your viv and how many BD'S you plan to house. I have a 6ft and a 4ft viv, 6ft has compact bask and 30in flourescent. But 4ft only (zoo med 10 ) 36in flo. What heating, stat and controls are you looking to use ?

Viv furniture will be fine as long as its not sharp and wont break. Im not an expert in keeping Bd (trying my best) but electronics are more my thing.

·
Registered
801 Posts
missbehavin said:
errr lol well.... I used to care for Beardies when I did care of exotics at college around 9/10 years ago, obviously being female and blonde, its all become a blurr :shock: .
I see you have Beardies. What sort of viv size wise and equipment wise do you have??
Hx
We have a 4x2x2, and have a 36" exoterra 8.0 flo strip at back, with baskin bulb, 40w and heatmat which is never on! LOL!

Didn't mean to come over condasendin (sp :? ) hun, just when I was researchin for my BDs found it easier to take a little bitta info from all over the place, and made it work for us.

Know the prob with bein blonde and female! Affects the brain cells doesn't it! LOL!

good luck, Cand x

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankyou :). will let you know how we gt on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts