Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, im getting my bearded dragon tonight and i have the viv all set up, i just wanted to know when a good time to handle him would be, or to give him a bath ect thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Allow him to settle in first. Give him 5 - 7 days to acclimatise first. He'll be all stressed out for a while, but this will give him a good chance to calm a bit before meeting you properly.

try handling first for a few minutes at a time. Don't worry about bathing for a few weeks though until you are confident handling him.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hi,i held my bd ozzie the first night we got him and he was fine he came from a breeder who always was handling the babies,so i suppose it depends really try strocking him/her in the viv first .
sara

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Both our beardies were happy to be handled from day one also.

Did you mean what time of day to handle?
if so this just kinda depends on routine, yours and the animals but basically "when they are up and about"
not as son as they wake, maybe not too close to bed time, not just after eating, other thna that whenever.
As for baths, same thing, allow time for beardie to dry off before lights out, in turn be sure he has warmed up from the nightime cool before taking him out and gettin him wet etc.

Dean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts