Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i got a beardie there on saturday, im goin to keep her on sand but whats the cheapest and best ones to use? oh and where can i get em?

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Hi there.

I would not recommend sand for a beardie any younger than 6 months of age. For a beardie that young I would recommend a non-particle substrate such as paper or tiles or something similar.

After this I would recommend childrens playsand :)

·
Registered
3,876 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
There will only be a risk of impaction if you feed in the viv :smile: I would go for childrens play sand :smile:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was considering something like carpet tiles of something, if not sand, it just looks so boring with newspaper down

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
hey, i got a beardie there on saturday, im goin to keep her on sand but whats the cheapest and best ones to use? oh and where can i get em?
I'm using paper towel for my baby BD's for the time being. I think I'll be ordering some repti-carpet though, I think it looks pretty good!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Repti-carpet is good (you can get one that is a sandy colour), slate looks good too (B&Q).

Or what about cork tiles?

Or floor tiles that look like stone?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh cork tiles sound good, i think im gonna have to go to BnQ and look around

·
Registered
132 Posts
would def stay away from sand mate, its to risky, and it gets in the glass runners and makes a terrible noise when you open the viv,im gonna put floor tiles down on all mine, they look nice, i find the crickets get under the repti carpet and hide and its a bugger to clean

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
carefull with the cork tiles that they havent put anything in them so they sick together this might come out when heated just be aware!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts