Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hopefully someone can help! Well it is that time of year again when no matter how I treat the dogs for fleas, I always end up with needing to spray the house. This year however, I have a few new friends that share my house in the for of 6 T's. So, my question is.

I know I need to remove the T's from the house to spray, I have this covered with an outdoor shed and large shelved locked viv for all the spider's. How soon after spraying the house would it be safe to bring them all back in doors?

The product info for Acclaim say's:

'Contains growth inhibitors to prevent flea eggs developing into fleas for 12 months. Also has a short period of activity against adult fleas and their larvae.'

So I am assuming a week should be ok? Any help would be gratefully received! :2thumb:

·
Registered
33,496 Posts
Hi all, hopefully someone can help! Well it is that time of year again when no matter how I treat the dogs for fleas, I always end up with needing to spray the house. This year however, I have a few new friends that share my house in the for of 6 T's. So, my question is.

I know I need to remove the T's from the house to spray, I have this covered with an outdoor shed and large shelved locked viv for all the spider's. How soon after spraying the house would it be safe to bring them all back in doors?

'Contains growth inhibitors to prevent flea eggs developing into fleas for 12 months. Also has a short period of activity against adult fleas and their larvae.'

So I am assuming a week should be ok? Any help would be gratefully received! :2thumb:
What's it got in it? If it's like Callingtons or Ardap that you use to kill reptile mites, it's safe after 24-48 hours, as the spray will have settled by then.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts

Have you tried food grade Diatomaceous Earth Powder? I told my dad about it and he now uses it for chicken mite. It works a treat and will work on fleas too.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Treat your dogs with Advocate and the fleas will die within hours of biting the dog. Over a few weeks/months depending on the amount of fleas in the house, they will be eradicated from the house. Advocate also kills mites, ticks and almost all internal worms inc heart and lung worm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts