Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

right...
Its my first year of breeding corns this current season so i was just after tips of what i need/should do.
in...

To get the corns breeding?
how long do they stay together for?

Eggs
What temperature does the incubator need to be at?

Hatchlings?
When do they all need to be seperated...

All the things like that.

Thanks people :)

Much appreciated :D

Lee

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody? lol

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
I keep my corns seperate and introduce them in the spring for a few hours of mating before seperating again. Repeat three times. I know corns that have bred just fine from being in the same enclosure all the time but a bit of time apart always makes the male more "eager".

I incubate at 84F

Hatchlings should be seperated immediately upon hatching. Cricket boxes are great for youngsters, with a small water bowl in. Seperating immediately means - no chance of cannibilisation, but also makes life a million times easier for feeding, and keeping accurate shedding and feeding records (i just stick a chart to the top of the cricket lid). They should shed within the first 7-10 days and then start eating immediately after that.

I have seen quite a lot of people at shows recently both in the UK and the EU showing boxes with 20-30 hatchling corns in and was pretty horrified, I would never ever buy a corn that was kept in that way, you can't even provide a feed record as they all look the same! Keep them seperate from day 1 and you can provide the buyer with full records, date of birth, sex, every single shed and every single feed... which in my opinion is the responsible way of doing it :)

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts