Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going away to Gran Canaria on monday and ive been thinking about the flight and lol of course the in-flight meal.

I know a lot of people hate the food you get on a plane but theres something about it that i love.

What about you?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
When I went to Australia I had to eat about 10 packs of pringles during the flight because the in flight meals were so disgusting. That was with Singapore Airlines

·
Registered
17,204 Posts
my biggest tip is to go for the veggie option. Somehow its always better.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
bloody horrendous...been travelling all over the place since i was in diapers and i have always brought my own food...i am a veggie so if i cant bring my own food i eat the veggie meal but it is usually disgusting or they forget and give me the meat option. generally i have noticed that customer care and all aspects of flying standards have gone way down since 9/11. its sad...not looking forward to my long flight going back to the states for crimbo:sick:

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I went to Australia on Japan Airlines and had great food , main meal was Yakisoba which is fried Chinese style noodles served with vegetables, meat and ginger. loved that! , i also had sushi mmmm delicious and also had a few too many glasses of sake loved it :D

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
depends who you go with really.went with first choice recently and it was really nice but i tend not to have the meal option as personally i dont think they are worth £12 each anyway

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
ANA(All Nippon Airways=one of Japanese aeroplane co.)serve sushi.

Try it if you go to Japan.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I went to Australia on Japan Airlines and had great food , main meal was Yakisoba which is fried Chinese style noodles served with vegetables, meat and ginger. loved that! , i also had sushi mmmm delicious and also had a few too many glasses of sake loved it :D
gosh that sounds good...minus the meat of course;)
my most recent horrible airplane food story is with egypt airlines...it was ever so lovely having only arabic movies, no veggie option (they forgot) and the icing on the cake was that none of the stewards spoke english...even better was the no toilet paper in the loos;)

depends who you go with really.went with first choice recently and it was really nice but i tend not to have the meal option as personally i dont think they are worth £12 each anyway
how can you not have a meal option? its not like they will redunf you the money...some airlines wont allow you to bring your own food either so its either eat the meal or starve for 10 plus hours

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
I go on holiday alot (eqpy it febuary again 08 :D) and i think i mite take some food with me this time. I am 50/50 some of the food is RANK and some is just OK.
I dont like it, i just eat it realy :S
I do like the cheese on crackers you get though :D

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I thought you said you were vegetarian?
You do know that sushi is raw fish dont you?
yes i am a veggie though i do eat fish on rare occasions and yes not being one of the thicker posters...i do know sushi is raw meat( i eat sushi now and then)...though not ALL sushi is raw

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
i thought veggies could eat white meat , eg fish/chicken?
isnt it Vegans that has absolutly nothing to do with animals as food what so ever, like Dairy ,eggs , cheese all meat etc
and yeah regarding sushi..it isnt always served raw the japanese people in my work group in Australia hated rawfish and served the sushi they made cooked :) they said they hated the thought of eating a rawfish and the smell is awful lol

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
I could never eat airplane food, not because it's bad, but because I have a large amount of allergies which they don't cater for... and I get travel sick, and when you're travel sick, you really don't want to give your stomach any ammunition :lol2:

I have no problem going a 10 hour flight without any food, I can easily go 24 hours without food before it starts to bother me, as long as i'm keeping well hydrated

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
i thought veggies could eat white meat , eg fish/chicken?
isnt it Vegans that absolutly nothing to do with animals as food , like Dairy ,eggs etc
nope a traditional veggie eats no meat whatsoever...nothing animal. personally i dont see fish in the same way as warm blooded animals and i have no problems eating them...though i dont eat fish very often i feel its a great way to get omega 3's and good fats into my diet.

you are correct about vegans..no meat or dairy...basically anything derivative from animals...essentially they eat alot of grains, tofu, salad...that sort of thing. i would love to be a vegan but its a very difficult lifestyle and the last time i gave it a go i became very anemic...so i stick to what works for me:)

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I could never eat airplane food, not because it's bad, but because I have a large amount of allergies which they don't cater for... and I get travel sick, and when you're travel sick, you really don't want to give your stomach any ammunition :lol2:

I have no problem going a 10 hour flight without any food, I can easily go 24 hours without food before it starts to bother me, as long as i'm keeping well hydrated

your a trooper lol!! i have gone long periods of time without food on planes but it was pre 9/11 where i had the benefit of free booze though i would usually be cut off an hour or two in:sick:

i know they do have alot of options for allergies...thats pretty crazy they cant do something for you. do they at least let you bring your own food?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
fair enough , personally i couldnt go vegan , i couldnt handle it myself lol im not strong enough...id give in after a day lol
my sister is vegan thou dunno how she dose it

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
your a trooper lol!! i have gone long periods of time without food on planes but it was pre 9/11 where i had the benefit of free booze though i would usually be cut off an hour or two in:sick:

i know they do have alot of options for allergies...thats pretty crazy they cant do something for you. do they at least let you bring your own food?
Yeah, I have never been on a flight where I couldn't take my own, but I'd only throw it up because I get so travel sick so it'd be a waste of good food, and annoy my OH :lol2:

My main allergies are wheat and yeast, and although most places offer a gluten free option, I have almost always found it to contain yeast somewhere. Makes eating out a pain in the ass. They even put yeast coating on fries to make them crunchier.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
nope a traditional veggie eats no meat whatsoever...nothing animal. personally i dont see fish in the same way as warm blooded animals and i have no problems eating them...though i dont eat fish very often i feel its a great way to get omega 3's and good fats into my diet.

you are correct about vegans..no meat or dairy...basically anything derivative from animals...essentially they eat alot of grains, tofu, salad...that sort of thing. i would love to be a vegan but its a very difficult lifestyle and the last time i gave it a go i became very anemic...so i stick to what works for me:)
I'm vegan, have been for 3 years :smile:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts