Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I noticed my adf was staying at the water surface and also swimming and butting at the water surface. As he seemed distressed and ill i put him in a smaller tank. Unfortunately he passed away the next day (deteriorated very quickly). I had noticed about a week before that his snout seemed a little deformed. After he died I noticed he had a number of raised lumps like pimples in front of his eyes and around his jaw line. They were large in comparison to his size and light colored. I am thinking they were blocking his breathing(he was swimming and butting at surface) and ability to eat.
the only other sign of illness was his stomach was black and this seemed to lead to his rear. I think he got tumours but maybe he had an intestinal blockage? he was around 2.5 years old. Please could anyone give me thoughts on cause of death? i will have a funeral tomorrow. I'd like to know likely cause of death as i keep othersregards Paul

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
sorry to hear about your frog... :(
could have been Chromomycosis maybe? the raised lumps sound like a bacterial infection..unfortunately tends to be common in amphibs...not an expert by far..i do lizards...but it sounds similiar to a case i saw a few years ago..not sure of the treatment though if it were to happen again you would have to look see what you could find on the net...there is a chemical you can soak them in that helps....think it begins with 'm'...will see what i can find...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Sorry to hear that... :cry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts