Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It breaks my heart to place this ad but due to circumstances I have to let go of my African grey parrot. I've had "Holly" for a year and originally got her from a lovely couple who got her from a breeder who was more interested in £££ than the parrot.

Holly is 5 years old and semi-tame, She still needs a lot of work when it comes to trust and unfortunately she hates men. So whoever takes her on has to be female! as Holly does not like a man entering the room!. She loves the company of young kids! espcially babies as she blows kisses. But please be aware that Holly can BITE!.

Apart from her being semi-tame, she's an outgoing little girl with a big sense of humor! She'll say Hello. Blow Raspberries and make all sorts of funny noises.

Holly needs a woman for company and one that will have time to gain that special bond.

I am NOT giving her up over the Christmas period as Holly is not a Christmas gift that soon becomes boring and re-sold!.

If anyone is really interested in her than we can arrange for pick up in Jan 07. I am not selling her to just anyone, whoever takes her on has to be the right person. So please no timewasters, I won't reply to people who i think are not suitable for her.

I paid £250 for Holly and i'm asking for £250, Your also get her cage, toys, food, etc....

Please email me [email protected]

Many Thanks
[/b]

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
awww what a shame, hope you find her a home. I would of considered her but I aready have an eclectus parrot who tries and steals all the attention she can. :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can i also add that Holly does not come with any Certificates or a ring as this how she was sold to the previous owners.

I am 95% sure Holly is female.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Good Luck in finding Holly a new home.

My parrot already hates my hub with a passion - so can't see him agreeing to another one.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holly has now been re-homed and i could'nt have asked for better people to take her as she is going to be spoilt were she's going.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holly has gone already, A couple phoned lastnight wanting to see her straight away, They came round and after spending an hour with Holly and having a chat to them I was 100% sure that they were the right people for her as they have loads of experience with semi-tame parrots. She’s now living on a farm! Her cage is next to a window over looking a large field and they also have another parrot in the same room, along with snakes, lizards and other animals. There a lovely couple and although I am really heartbroken about her going I’m also very please that she will be living a much happier life.

I bought Holly for £250 and that’s what I sold her for as I don’t want profit out of a bird I love so much. The main thing is she has gone to a wonderful home

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
janinemstead said:
My parrot already hates my hub with a passion - so can't see him agreeing to another one.
It's probably male then (although the theory isn't 100% accurate). You find that parrots are friendlier to people that are the opposite sex to themselves.

My male African Grey loves my wife to bits, but will happily chew on me for hours. I'd love to get a female, but we don't have the space.

I;m glad Holly has a good, new home. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts