Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya i have two agamas was told they were called egyptian agamas but starting to wonder as couldnt find any info on them. The smaller of the two has just shed her skin well we think its a her .. n she is no longer a whitish colour but has dark brown patches down the back n a bright blue throat n sides of her stomach at times. The other also has a blue throat as has started sheding. Anyone know what they could b?? Thanks

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Hiya i have two agamas was told they were called egyptian agamas but starting to wonder as couldnt find any info on them. The smaller of the two has just shed her skin well we think its a her .. n she is no longer a whitish colour but has dark brown patches down the back n a bright blue throat n sides of her stomach at times. The other also has a blue throat as has started sheding. Anyone know what they could b?? Thanks
There is a lot of species of agama, get pictures if you can, will help with identification : victory:
Coloured throats and stomachs seems like two males to me?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Either Trapelus savignii or T.mutabilis. If the ventral scales are smooth it's mutabilis if they are keeled/spiky it's savignii. Try and get a dorsal picture up to show the markings?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dark one looks like a T.savignii, can't really comment on the lighter individual as it's hiding under the first :) Can I have details on the care? Size, temps, humidity, diet etc as the darker individual looks underweight and possibly dehydrated?

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
i gotta agree with seamus there my original though mutabilis but seeing the bigger picture im not so sure. kept exactly the same anyway lol but yeah looks very de-hydrated and under weight but it dosnt help that they would of been wild caught so you will need fecials done aswell as iv got a feeling they will be riddled. but try get them hydrated again :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey thanks for the replys the smaller one of the two has a kink in the tail some kind of deformity and has always been the smaller and skinnier one its looking healthier now ill try and get some new pics up they will b going bk to my bfs soon as im gettin my own dragon in next few weeks cant wait. Are there any easy ways to sex them at all the smaller was head bobbing n shooing the other one away, usually the larger one dominates.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hey thanks for the replys the smaller one of the two has a kink in the tail some kind of deformity and has always been the smaller and skinnier one its looking healthier now ill try and get some new pics up they will b going bk to my bfs soon as im gettin my own dragon in next few weeks cant wait. Are there any easy ways to sex them at all the smaller was head bobbing n shooing the other one away, usually the larger one dominates.
on that pic the one on top is male a female would have a few like squares on her back that will flair up a reddish colour. really nice when they do : victory:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts