Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi any advise on my BD have only had him three weeks the first couple of weeks was not aggressive , but last week he started .

if i put my hand in the viv he blows up and hisses bigtime last night he bit me was funny !

I am takeing no notice and handleing every day sometimes he runns away and getts upset so i leave him .

most days he hisses but i pick him up all the same , when out of the viv he is ok .

beardy approx 12 weeks old temps 100f hot end 80f cool in a 36" viv with a 24" arcadia uv light .

Greens and salad in the mornings and about 8 to 10 medium cricks in the evening dusted with nutrabol once a week ?

ps he is very lazy

·
Banned
163 Posts
is it a front door viv (sliding doors at the front) or a viv that u take the top off ? because when my cousin had a BD (now dead :cry: ) it used to get really angry when he put his hand in from above but when he changed to sliding front viv when he got a mate for his BD it was alot less calm and in the end became real tame

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got him /her from local pet shop they breed their own or so i was told did meet one of breeding mums at the shop a very nice rep !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
feeding veg every morning cricks about 8 to 10 in the evening

temp 100f hot end 80f cool with spot on a large rock and tree for climbing
bark sub

he is ok out of the viv but a bit teritoral in the viv

would the uv light make him narkey ie its old and worn out ?

he is in very good nick nice markings and coulors has just shed

i must admit there is not many things in the viv a few rocks and a climbing tree , he sits at the top of the tree all the time doing nothing

no noticeable injureys

·
Registered
54 Posts
they do get abit grouchey, try putting a little shelter in the viv, my mates one was doing what urs is, being grumpy. I made up alittle shelter up for him to hide under, now he is fine. he probley wants somewhere to hide and get out of the heat for a abit.
try that. :thumb:

·
Banned
163 Posts
i just had a thought but i dunno if this would affect it :? are u possitive its a boy ???? because im sure i read sumwhere that female lizards can lay eggs without doing there business with the male and if urs has laid sum it might become agressive:? but ost probs wrong but worth a check :p

·
Banned
163 Posts
TAZZ008 said:
they do get abit grouchey, try putting a little shelter in the viv, my mates one was doing what urs is, being grumpy. I made up alittle shelter up for him to hide under, now he is fine. he probley wants somewhere to hide and get out of the heat for a abit.
try that. :thumb:
yea i never read ur post ur's is most probly the reason for the dragons aggressiveness

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
My girl sometime gets a bit grumpy if you put your hands in, I ignore her she gets used to it, also, if your uv bulb is worn out I would change it as they lose uv even when the light still works,I've seen it recommended that they are changed every year,but I change mine every 9 months.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As you've only had him 3 weeks, he may still be settlin in and just getting used to his new home and you.
What you got to remember is that all reps are individuals and although the species maybe friendly, some may be more so than others and some maybe a little grumpy :lol:
I'm sure he'll come around just needs to get used to everything...kepp your routine going and handle him now and then, i'm sure he'll get used to you pretty soon.

·
Registered
597 Posts
maybe the viv is way to huge for him right now, 3ft viv for a 12 week beardie seems abit huge, maybe he is stressed out, i would try a small enclosure till he grows abit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts