Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
for x-mas I have decided to treat myself to an RTB.
After this however, I would like to get something with some attitude to prepare me better for future agressive snakes and work etc.
Just wondering what everyone suggestd-not fussed on colubrid or boid etc. Would like something that will stay snappy for life...
I know this is a bit vague!
Thanmks in advance!:notworthy:
Ben

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
So racers are pretty evil.

Liam

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
*some. Strange idea though lol
Liam

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, that was quick! Racers, are these like whip snakes?
Have heard they're pretty nasty...What about radiated rat snakes?
Not so sure about ATBs, would prefer something a little more active...
Lol, yes it is a random thing to ask...
Ben

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
:p if you want an evil one :p get a twin of the striped ive got :p hahaha

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
I remember seeing (i think) a Black racer in a shop and it was quick and struck at the glass everytime I went past. It was very active and moved quickly climbing etc.
Pretty snake - was only small dunno how big they get.

Liam

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anacondas
Lol, little big! Thanks though!

Like I said, radiated rat snakes are supposed to be little bastards...Would they be a good choice?
Ben

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I remember seeing (i think) a Black racer in a shop and it was quick and struck at the glass everytime I went past. It was very active and moved quickly climbing etc.
Pretty snake - was only small dunno how big they get.

Liam
Thanks, will look into to these too.
Just trying to get some ideas on what species wpuld be best...
Ben

·
Registered
329 Posts
Lol, little big! Thanks though!

Like I said, radiated rat snakes are supposed to be little bastards...Would they be a good choice?
Ben
ive never had a radiated, but my rat snake was a little psycho!! so yeah, but it all depends on the individual.

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Why do you want experience in aggressive snakes?

Liam

·
Registered
916 Posts
i didnt post this, but im going to answer why i like snakes with attitude.
They keep you on your toes, they are generally much more interesting, and offers much reward when they learn to respect you. thats me...dunno about anyone else.
Personally, i'd say go for a northern pine snake..full of hiss, always S up, but are real bluffers. if you're scared they'll rule you..

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
Why do you want experience in aggressive snakes?

Liam
I can't answer for Ben, but i did a similar thing. I went through a phase of liking them bitey. The way i saw it, if I can comfortably deal with aggressive snakes then everything else becomes easier, especially when, like I was at the time, working in shops with all sorts coming in and out of varying temperaments.

I also at the time (probably wrongly) saw it as a step towards keeping bigger/more dangerous stuff in the future, to hone my skills as if it were and prepare me a bit better for dealing with any eventuality.

·
Registered
329 Posts
i didnt post this, but im going to answer why i like snakes with attitude.
They keep you on your toes, they are generally much more interesting, and offers much reward when they learn to respect you. thats me...dunno about anyone else.
i totally agree!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts