Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some Blood Red Parrots FISH and was woundering if there agressive towards small and big fish?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
dont waste your money on blood parrots.

They are a hybrid fish and are often injected with dyes to make them more attractive.

If you want something like that, try severums, much nicer fish anyway and you can find some pretty good looking ones as well. If you don't mind a hefty price tag, try and get hold of Rotkeil severums. Brilliant looking fish

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already have severums.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Thats good to know. I love severums.

Anyways, many of the really serious fish keepers out there won't even speak to people who keep blood parrots. Unlike some other animals around, hybrid fish are seen as wrong. It's the whole man playing God argument.

anyway, problem with Blood parrots is that they are often unpredictable. they are a cross between Severums and probably Midas cichlids. Severums being quite placid as cichlids go, but Midas are reknowned as aggressive nut jobs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes red blood Parrots are aggresive. Many people only them in species only tanks. There not that popular between aquarist because like what is mentioned above they are hybrid and IMO they are damn ugly.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Aggression is completely opinion.

Personally i think these fish tend to a bit narky sometimes but are generally on the more peaceful side of the cichlid scales.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
mike515 said:
Aggression is completely opinion.

Personally i think these fish tend to a bit narky sometimes but are generally on the more peaceful side of the cichlid scales.
i tend to agree here cichlids themselves are funny critters until there in "breeding season" agression is masssive even the tiniest convict can cause chaos as long as youve got loads of places to hide and a big tank,you should be ok unless youve got a monster lol .....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts