Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I was thinking of getting some air plants for my geckos but daft it this sounds not sure what to do with them or more importantly what ones will be safe to get.

Can anyone help me please

Cheers

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Hi

I was thinking of getting some air plants for my geckos but daft it this sounds not sure what to do with them or more importantly what ones will be safe to get.

Can anyone help me please

Cheers

i should think there ok !

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
All of them or are there certain ones i should get/avoid?

not sure as the live air plants dont say if the toxic or not so dunno

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
Are the air plants the ones that look dead and then when you give them water they green up again?
If so not sure if you can or cant use them but id think they would take up to much moisture in the viv and the humidity levels would drop

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think most air plants are fine. Obvious things like spikey air plants cant be safe. I keep some like round whispy little airplants in one of my gecko vivs and its perfect. Adds to the arid desert look and takes no care.

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
they great IMO. tie them to some nice nooks with a tiny amout of soil/leaves and give them decent light. they do fine...mist them now and then. just bromiliads.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Faith, you're thinking of the selaginella (sp) but even thats find in vivs. Airplants are brilliant, just make sure you afix them with aquarium safe silicone not the stuff they give you with them because you never know what toxins it has in it as its not designed to be with animals. Airplants themselves are fine, i have them in all my vivs.

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
Faith, you're thinking of the selaginella (sp) but even thats find in vivs. Airplants are brilliant, just make sure you afix them with aquarium safe silicone not the stuff they give you with them because you never know what toxins it has in it as its not designed to be with animals. Airplants themselves are fine, i have them in all my vivs.
Ohhh thats it we had some on the window sil lol
might have to look at those air plants for our vivs :D

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts