Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys as iv never had a exo terra cage before! as normally use visions!
just wonted something a little cheeper to throw a snake im getting this week! But have bean told these cages dont hold heat very well!! and will probley need a second heat source for air temps!!

its the 60 45 90 high cage! and comes with a dome and 100 red bulb! so hot spot will be sorted! just wondering if i will need a mat underneath for air temps at bottom of cage!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
If you have a bulb I personally wouldnt bother with mats and whatnot.

I have however, found it beneficial to cover two/three sides with polystyrene sheets, as this helps conserve heat and also offers a bit of security. Are you sure the 90 is the height dimension? Just never seen an exo 3ft tall thats all!

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
a heat mat doesn't touch air temps, the bulbs deal with that. If the bulbs get your hot spot right then the air temperature can't be anything but warm enough.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have a bulb I personally wouldnt bother with mats and whatnot.

I have however, found it beneficial to cover two/three sides with polystyrene sheets, as this helps conserve heat and also offers a bit of security. Are you sure the 90 is the height dimension? Just never seen an exo 3ft tall thats all!
Thanks mate! sorry its 60cm high not 90cm buddy! Do you cover the inside of the cage with polystyrene or the outside! Also could i block the mesh grill at the top with tin foil or something!

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
Are you sure the 90 is the height dimension? Just never seen an exo 3ft tall thats all!

the new ones are 3ft tall... never seen one though but know they do them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts