Reptile Forums banner

Albino and 66% Het Albino Royal/Ball Python Info Please!

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Matt W 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Well, as some of you know, I've had my eye on a pair of 100% Het Albino Royals for a couple of weeks. Now, my first question, for the pair it costs £600, is that a good price? Next, what are the differant types of offspring I could get, I know I could get "Albinos" and "66% Het Albinos" but could I get "Normals" aswell? And then what are the average selling prices and chances of getting each morph?

Thx
Matt

#3 ·
Yer, that helps alot, thanks mate!

Also, I've had a look around, could I easily selll an albino for £1300? Especially a female?

Thx
Matt

#4 ·
hets look like normals... they don't physically look any different. they just carry the gene of which they are het for. quite valuable. 600 quid for a pair, i'd snap it up. no room however... :cry: as for Q2, you might not get an albino in your first 5 cluthes or get 5 in your first clutch, its all a matter of luck... you will get albino's yes but don't expect every snake to be an albino.

#6 ·
Yeah.. you could never get an albino or always get one.. or occasionally.. not something you can decide and will just happen.

#7 ·
Matt W said:
Yer, that helps alot, thanks mate!

Also, I've had a look around, could I easily selll an albino for £1300? Especially a female?

Thx
Matt
yes, very easily

#8 ·
andysharpe said:
hets look like normals... they don't physically look any different. they just carry the gene of which they are het for. quite valuable. 600 quid for a pair, i'd snap it up. no room however... :cry: as for Q2, you might not get an albino in your first 5 cluthes or get 5 in your first clutch, its all a matter of luck... you will get albino's yes but don't expect every snake to be an albino.
you get a white stripe down the middle of the under belly of definate hets dont you? so in theory you should be able to tell

#9 ·
cornmorphs said:
andysharpe said:
you get a white stripe down the middle of the under belly of definate hets dont you? so in theory you should be able to tell
Well according to the boa het, if you look at the top of the eye and its a lighter colour that the skin above its a good sign of it being het for albino... Don't know if this is the same for Royals mind?

G
#10 ·
For Royals as far as i am aware there is no sure fire way to tell a het albino.

A pair of het albinos could give you all hets possibly a visual albino and if you are lucky as GG were last year then you could have 4 eggs and get 3 visual albinos

#11 ·
welshgaz said:
cornmorphs said:
andysharpe said:
Well according to the boa het, if you look at the top of the eye and its a lighter colour that the skin above its a good sign of it being het for albino... Don't know if this is the same for Royals mind?
there are no markers for het albino boa's,nor are there any markers for het albino royals,who starts these rumours,Nigel!! lol

the hets you produce will only be 66% possable hets,so you may have trouble selling the for £200,you might get somthing near this for poss het females you produce ,but not the males.

#12 ·
bob clark :lol:

#15 ·
louie said:
I think i know who is selling them does he live in portsmouth area? If so there deff 100% hets as hes a genuine guy :lol:
Nope, it's Darren at Crystal Palace Reptiles!

And thanks for all the help guys!

Thx
Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.