Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the one problem Ive always had with kings.... can anyone show me the difference between albinos and lavender kings both at hatchling and adult... Ive looked at both myself via piccies and they both look the same to me.... this is the one thing Ive never been able to see the difference between.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
nny. i agree with the lack of a difference and if i had to label any of the cali kings as albino it would have to be the one they call Ghost cali king although they don't always have a red eye.

Della

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well every albino and lav Ive seen had red eyes... i dont understand how some people say they have ruby eyed albinos as all albinos have ruby eyes unless theyre special ones when they dont :lol: :lol: But my younger albino still has the pink colouring and not the white but thats what people class as lav but shes not a lav... its just all too confusing.. i can tell the difference between banana and albino just not the lav. Would just like an easy way to tell the difference.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I do have what was sent by a U.S breeder as ruby eye albino banana stripe. It's lavender banana stripe in my book but it has got a darker red eye than most. I'll try to get a pic.

Della

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
this is supposed to be the ruby eye. i think the red eye is darker red but i could be wrong. It is also supposed to be lavender rather than albino. I don't really see the difference.

Della

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I can see its trying to musk you... :lol: :lol: But i do see the darker colours...

its just generally a dark pink I think... but if anyone has any hatchling piccies as albino hatchlings are quite pink then so thats where I think I cant see the difference.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'll take some pics when i'm at work tomorrow. We have a few different ones at hatchling size some called albino and some called lavender.

She musks every time but shows no agression at all little bugger. Think i'll pick up a male hatchling on friday while there's one in stock. :lol:

Della

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
can i just ask what kind of snake is the yellow and white one please its soooooooo nice i think ive got some serious grovelling to do

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I would have called it Albino banana stripe Cali king. But best to wait for NNY to tell you exactly what it was bought as. This is the whole point of the thread, everybody has different names for snakes that have very little difference but if you like NNY's better than mine then i guess that would mean that there is a difference.

Della

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you're talking about mine bbsf thats my male albino cali... just albino... hes a real grumpy sod though.... strikes at everything...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts

albino californian

lavender
i think its better to tell them apart as subs when the adult colour starts coming through

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
thanks rankin there is a difference between those 2. I suppose it's all to do with the breeding and some lavenders will be paler than others.

Nice snakes either way.

Della

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My problem is all about being able to buy a hatchling and know its a lavender and not an albino...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
then i think it's got to be a case of buying from someone you trust and being able to see the parents maybe. I have never known ours to come in wrongly labelled if you fancy a trip up this wy to buy one. :lol:

Della

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
ohhhhh why did you have to do that both the albino and the lavender are really really nice not sure now and i think ill be pushing it if i ask for both as my fella only came close to my brb yesterday and ive had her for about 8 weeks now any ideas how i can creep :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I can think of lots of ways to creep but none i would dare to post.
It's christmas surley it would make a good pressie if he bought you both.

Della

·
Registered
126 Posts
NNY, that is an absolutely stunning snake m8y!!! I'm not normally a fan of albino's, but that one took my breath away, nice1!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts