Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
shouldnt you have checked befor you bought it??..and i would say the mouse/rat should be a little bit wider then the fattest part of the snake and once every 7 days should be good

Rob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to post again but i really want to make sure im feedng her properly so if anyone can help me :oops: please post a reply to help me :?:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought it nearly a year ago but there are only two different reptile shops where i live and they are both saying completely different amounts and sizes of rats so im just looking for reassurance

·
Registered
100 Posts
1 medium to large rabbit every 10 day once it his 15 foot every 14 days there are full caresheets for burms on my website http://www.reptilerescue.co.uk

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
B Python

It sounds as though you are a novice, by the way you are asking how to feed 9ft python.
I hope I am wrong and except my apologies If I am.
What are you doing buying a snake that gets to a massive size, and can be lethal if you don't no what you are doing, If you are a novice.
Why not get used to small and medium size then move up slowly as you gain experience?.
Or someone has given you bad advice
Hope all goes well for you

slither61

·
Registered
380 Posts
i think you were wrong getting the burm in the first place mate, as you dont know exactly what to feed it you obviously dont know exactly how to care for it, and you wont know exactly what to do with it when it turns nasty. oh give it to a rescue centre!

G

·
My burmese is slightly smaller than that as she is now just over 7 foot long and i feed her 2 extra large rats every 7 days.She does not have a problem taking them and is usually hungry again by about day 6.

Hope this helps you slightly

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
whooooo steady every one.
At least he has had the common sense to come here and ask for help, that makes him a good keeper in the making, its the arrogent ones that dont heed advice and think they know it all that make bad keepers.
Welcome to the site albinoburmese.

I wont give you advice as I dont keep burms, but there are some experienced keepers here who, I am sure will be happy to guide you.

·
Registered
632 Posts
any chance you could post some pics so we can see what body condition he's got? adult snakes don't need as much food as juveniles and so forth, so you could try feeding a monster rat, rabbit, small pigglet etc every 11 dats or so, obviously if your snake is a little under weight you could try smaller meals more frequently, keep checking your temps as they will need adequate haet in order to digest large prey items! what have the pet shops told you and how often have you been feeding him/her and what sizes.

Everyone starts out somewhere and there are alot of experienced keepers on this site that will be able to help you out, some people may be a little harsh on this forum but they mean well!! :D if you want someone 2 talk to u can pm me :wink:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Damn, you scared me ! When I see people asking for HELP with burms, I always come running to see if the help you need is to get out of their gob :lol:

Glad to see you're alright :D

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
If your a novice keeper you can only blame the person who sold it. when i started i asked the lady in the shop whether a burmese python would be a good pet. she said no. if she'd sold me one would i have been to blame. i didn't know any better.
it'll be another year before that snake is really huge and if people have been giving conflicting advice then what can they do. some people really need to stop jumping down other people throats on this forum.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
thats not nice it looks to me if he means 8-9 inches?
iv got an albino burm as well.shes about 3foot long but only about 4inch think(i think im crap with mesure ments lol)
but she gets 2-4 large rat weaners a week depending on what mood shes in she normaly takes 3
sounds aloot but if anyone gets from camzoo thewy will know the large ratweaners arnt exactly huge!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts