Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some metamorphosing common frogs in my pond, some of which appear to be amelanistic. Thought people might like to see, I think they're illegal to trade unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I've seen ONE in the wild, looks awesome.

Could always hide a couple back, grab a adult or 2 from elsewhere and keep them captive for next season, could be a nice breeding project. As much as people hate it, it's legal and it's no different to any other WC animal, it just doesn't come from a foreign country with a price tag.

You're allowed to sell the offspring if they were to produce, providing you prove they're CB. Pictures of the parents and clutches when laid should cut it I reckon?

I know I'd definitely have a pair if you were to go ahead with it, Rana Temporaria(sp?) are highly under rated purely because its native.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
You.could breed.the.parents and then release them for cb young???

Tiger

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Reddevil(?) is the one to talk to, he's kept a few. I housed two fresh froglets in a 30cm square for a bit. Not sure on adults though.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Reactions: Ron Magpie

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
It's good that you have some albinos though.. As they'd probably wouldn't last very long in the wild... Plus it would be a good indication of captive bred/raised stock??

Tiger

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not too sure on the law, but being able to sell CB may be right. However I don't have the time to raise these.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts