Reptile Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all!

I just wondered if anyone new the answer to my question? I understand that if you cross an albino with anery, you get normal visuals which are double hets, and then a 1/16 chance of getting snows with the F2 generation.
However, would would you get if you crossed a normal albino royal, with a caramel albino (xanthic albino) royal? Im thinking the F1 generation should show visuals, becasue they are both homo recessive for lacking in the melanin. The only difference is, xanthic albinos are tyronase postive, which means they can sometimes make a tiny bit of melanin.

I think you might get visual albinos whihc are hets for tyronase postive albinos...maybe, but really am not sure :S

the reason is, i have 5 66% het for caramel albino royals, and should be soon getting a pair of 100% het for albino royals. I was thinking, rather than pairing up random 66% hets, and if the babies are non visual, not knowing whether the female, or male ar both are not hets, i could prove which females are hets for caramel albino, by breeding with a 100% albino male, and hoping 1/4 of the babies come out with visuals.

Just a thought, if you can shed any light on it please let me know:D:D:D

thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts