Reptile Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took these photos of Silver last night all coiled up on a branch of his tree like a little tree python or something lol

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
looks really nice, think thats the first time i've seen your snake silver. my cuthbert hasnt bit me yet :p so proud of that lol. dreading when he does bite though!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Lovely pics Kat... he looks so happy in his nice newish home :lol:

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:lol: Yup, I'm starting to see him out in the day more too which makes a change!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Yeah Silver, you will notice him out during the day more often for the next lil while... Know it's still early in the year though, but as it does get closer to Winter he will become more active. It's his instincts kicking in, he's looking for more food and preparing for his winter brumation period. I've noticed my snakes get that way every year just before Winter. Their appetite increases and they become way more active, then round December or so, they just stop eating as much and spend most the time sleeping. Even though they are house pets now, I think they still hold on to their natural instincts...
Steve

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nicky - he must be comfy because he's up there again lol

Steve - He's not really active I think he's just more confident being out during the day and not hiding away all the time. Maybe he's decided there isn't anything out to eat him and doesn't feel the need to stay in hiding all day :lol:

But I agree, I think they do keep some of their natural insincts, I'll have to remember not to worry if he goes off his food in December :D

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Actually that explains most of my kings.. most of them are awake all the time now.. only started in the last week.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But the viv looks exactly the same as the first lot of photos :lol: (except the original waterbowl has been changed to a normal ceramic bowl that used to be my sand geckos feeding bowl :lol: )

Actually...I'll have to get a background for the viv I can't stand it with no background :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts