Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I am just curious when these frogs become active as mine just seem to cling to the glass at the moment. I am asking what time do yours move about 7/8/9pm? Or when you go to bed ...do light have to be out? I guess I am getting impatient but I do not mind waiting if I know that soon they will be come active i guess the poor little guys feel stressed with the move ..thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
It'll defo be stress at the moment.
I wouldn't feed them for another few days.
I don't keep these frogs but I hear they're bloody delicate.

p.s I like you in Dragons Den.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
You won't see them active until they become used to their new surroundings. I just got 3 last week and I haven't seen them awake at all. I've had 1 since October though and he is fully settled, it took around 2 months. He didn't eat for 3 weeks and I rarely saw him awake in the first couple of months and when I would go over to the tank he would shut his eyes, now I see him every night and can watch him eating.

When they do wake up though its only for a little while maybe about half an hour and then they will just go back to sleep and maybe wake up later on. When settling in they like complete darkness and quiet. It really is best not to disturb them for their own sake or they will not settle in, which means they won't eat and then they will die, happened to 2 of mine and i've learnt from my mistakes!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I don't see mine (which i've had for over a yr now) awake untill all the lights are out in the room, I can leave the light on in the adjacent room (which is just enough for me to peek into the tank to see them) mine wake up around 8-9pm

yours will be fine, just give him some time, don't be poking about it will only stress him out more they are very sensitive fellas :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have had mine nearly month, took them a week to start exploring the viv and nearly two weeks to start feeding, even now the female is still cautios moving around the viv, the male is more active for some reason, mine wake up around 10 and see whos about, if theres peaple around or lots of lights on they go back to sleep for an hour. mine are very active early in the morning from 4 to 6am.
They appear to like routine so i have the lights, waterfull and fogger on a timer, may just be me but i think it helps.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Hiya, it depends on the frogs too. I found mine often take several weeks to come to life when the lights go out. But now (one I have had for a year and the other two since Oct) they come and see me when I am near the glass. They wake within minutes of lights out and have no problems with me watching them. You have to gain their trust. I have never tried to handle them, I have never bothered them, I am not keen on taking pics of them and I try to do maintenace without disturbing them (know where they are sleeping and stay away). Feed them when they are awake. This means they will assosiate you being near with food. How old are they by the way because if they are young you may find they come on better than older ones. :2thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts