Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
mine have only dug when they were trying to find a place to lay their eggs which has normally been about 3 or 4 days before they've actually laid them so could be a possibility.
also you should keep an eye on her weight and the size of her belly and have a feel, it was described to me as feeling like a bag of marbles which my second one did but the first one you couldn't feel anything but she put a lot of weight on and looked really fat!
Have you put a laying box in for her in case?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine have only dug when they were trying to find a place to lay their eggs which has normally been about 3 or 4 days before they've actually laid them so could be a possibility.
also you should keep an eye on her weight and the size of her belly and have a feel, it was described to me as feeling like a bag of marbles which my second one did but the first one you couldn't feel anything but she put a lot of weight on and looked really fat!
Have you put a laying box in for her in case?
ok thanks no i have done nothing i dont know what to do i have not a clue what is a laying box?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
ok thanks no i have done nothing i dont know what to do i have not a clue what is a laying box?
she'll need a tub which has damp sand in for her to dig to lay her eggs then she will try to bury them.

With both of mine I used a clear plastic tub from wilkos which is roughly 9 inches wide, 15 inches long and about 10 inches deep.
Both of mine have layed in their boxes so it must of worked.
just put the sand in (I filled it up to about 4 inches off the top) make sure it's damp and warm and then make a slight hole in the middle and then put her in it and see what she does.
my second female didn't go in it much until yesterday and then she laid her eggs today!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts