Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had our boa out after reading up on BCC and BCI differences and I think he's the more common of the two, which wouldnt surprise.
I also took pics of the boys tail to show you guys how its looking after his op to get about 6" removed to a still unknown cause.
His tail tip:

The rest of him:

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Id personally say BCI, poor guy..why did he have the op then? was there something noticable which made you think you should take him to vets or did u buy him with the tail missing?

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
if ya wana be 100 percent sure what exact boa he is. when he sheds do a scale count, that will tell all.. book to look at about exact scale counts for all boas is : the complete boa constrictor. its worth a look at least.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the end of his tail died a while ago, no idea why cos all his sheds with us have been fine etc. the vet done xrays and there is a suspicious section of bone that could point to problems. we've to get him xray'd again to see if anything has change in 6months to a year.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
very odd, poor guy, least they dont use there tail too much, and it looks to be healing fine.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
very odd, poor guy, least they dont use there tail too much, and it looks to be healing fine.
Yeah looks like they did a good op! my young boa constantly uses his tail lol but thats because hes young!! the very tip of his tail is a pain in the a*s if im honest wraping around my watch strap etc lol

Nice boa by the way to the original poster!!:2thumb:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it is healing nicely he's had no problems with that side of things, he just shed for the first time since the op yesterday so he's doin well.
he went off his food for a while and we couldnt work out why, then his tail died and after the op he started eating straight away.
the tail went black and dead within a coupla days because we had him out, left him for a few days and got him back out to give him a bath and it was dead. really really quick

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ah i was really confused about your post lol
our boy has almost completely recovered now, at least he's feeding fine etc, its just a waiting game to see if his future xrays show anything sinister....i hate waiting:bash:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
beautiful boa he is, even if he is common..lol.
i just had the tail tip removed a fair way on one of my boas, i felt so guilty, but honestly hasn't phased him!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
to be honest I don't think he's even noticed that its gone. he didn't notice the antibiotic injections when we were giving him them either.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts