Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
its the reason i've never watched it and never will. the one time i did see some of it, the constants ate live insects includeing some georgious stick insects, i saw no need for that.

jay

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
i get told im weird for it a its not 'hurting' the animals, but u can see it soo is, i i get told there only insects. But for the point of a shitty game show i dont understand it, hence the reson i refuse to watch it.

Jay

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i know ur not gonna like this.. but it goes onto the pc stuff.. there will always be a group somewhere that hate EVERYTHING.. there isnt anything on the planet that EVERYBODY likes..
not saying i agree or disagree, but thats how it is.

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
i know ur not gonna like this.. but it goes onto the pc stuff.. there will always be a group somewhere that hate EVERYTHING.. there isnt anything on the planet that EVERYBODY likes..
not saying i agree or disagree, but thats how it is.
agreed, but i dont like this so :Na_Na_Na_Na:

jay

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
its the reason i've never watched it and never will. the one time i did see some of it, the constants ate live insects includeing some georgious stick insects, i saw no need for that.

jay

but they're in the jungle. if you were in the jungle and had to survive would you eat insects or keep going hoping you can find a McDonalds and have a veggie burger?
What's the point of sticking them in the jungle to survive if they're not going to live off the earth.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
HI all,

If your in the Jungle by accident then you have to live off the land or starve.

I think the tv show is utter C**P and put on for cheap program television.

I would rather watch something constructive eg wildlife program

slither61 :snake::snake::snake::snake:

·
Banned
23,827 Posts
but they're in the jungle. if you were in the jungle and had to survive would you eat insects or keep going hoping you can find a McDonalds and have a veggie burger?
What's the point of sticking them in the jungle to survive if they're not going to live off the earth.
I do get what you are saying, but then on the other hand what is the point of sticking them in the jungle in the first place?
Fact is they are not stranded in some jungle - its just some dumb TV show that wastes some halfwitted minds for a few hours a week. Its those animals that suffer and face the stress.

If they were put in the jungle to survive that'd be one thing, but they get rations and food allowances. I'd imagine being stuck in the jungle wouldnt on an average day afford someone those luxuries.

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
I have absolutly no problem with eating to survive, i'm a fan of hunting for food, etc. I quite happly eat meat and if i was stranded in a jungle then i would also eat anything i could find etc.

However, i see no need to animals to be harmed and/or stressed or see insects killed for the entertainemt of easly amused individuals. If they were actually stuck in a jungle with just a camera and told to survive off the land, as in hunt and kill their own food, it would be very interesting and i'd watch it. However, this is just people seeking attention in a controlled jungle setting where the purposfully stess/harras animals for entertainment. Thats the bit that strikes me as wrong and i see no need for it. To me it reminds me, in a basic form, of people who sit and harras animals for ammusement by prodding them etc to make them stressed.

But each to there own.

Jay

·
Registered
250 Posts
those animals are no more stressed out than any wildlife program where they catch snakes from under rocks etc yes they are educating on those, i agree im a celeb is crap but come on if you dont like it dont watch it theres alot of people who think keeping snakes in plastic tubs is cruel? just an example but soon people will just ban anything ie crufts next

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
those animals are no more stressed out than any wildlife program where they catch snakes from under rocks etc yes they are educating on those, i agree im a celeb is crap but come on if you dont like it dont watch it theres alot of people who think keeping snakes in plastic tubs is cruel? just an example but soon people will just ban anything ie crufts next
true and agreed , i was just suporting my view, as i said each to there own. agreed the stressoers are simualr, but you dont see animals shows having challanges where u eat a variety of stick and leaf insects. And some nice ones i might add that i would love to keep myself.

jay

·
Registered
250 Posts
true and agreed , i was just suporting my view, as i said each to there own. agreed the stressoers are simualr, but you dont see animals shows having challanges where u eat a variety of stick and leaf insects. And some nice ones i might add that i would love to keep myself.

jay
i agree totally :2thumb:

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
I dont think its "cruel" and i love the show.

·
Registered
11,538 Posts
If i was in the jungle i would kill a snake for food!!

I know it's not the same but if it's a matter of life and death i choose the animals death!!

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
you know... I noticed on a Halifax advert. they release a pet Royal into the wild.. And yet when they move they get a new beardie for the kid.. So is that a good thing. for a bank to be saying that releasing a pet just to get another is ok?

alsssso! Simpsons was on the other day and they were talking about "wacking day" not a good thing either lol. Where they all go wacking snakes then get them all into the center of town and beat em

·
Banned
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you know... I noticed on a Halifax advert. they release a pet Royal into the wild.. And yet when they move they get a new beardie for the kid.. So is that a good thing. for a bank to be saying that releasing a pet just to get another is ok?

alsssso! Simpsons was on the other day and they were talking about "wacking day" not a good thing either lol. Where they all go wacking snakes then get them all into the center of town and beat em
haha could go on for hours here i think....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts