Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

For sale I have Hera a 5ft 0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa Corallus Hortulana DOB late 2016 and full set up £180 o.n.o. Absolutely love this snake and it is a reluctant sale.

The set up is a semi bio-active, planted rainforest haven for my baby. It is 3ft high, 4ft wide and 2ft deep. Set up includes Habistat humidifier, Habistat cool fan(attached), Habistat Pulse Proprtional thermostat and everything electrical to make this paradise mostly autonomous. I built the background out of polystyrene, grout and animal safe HA6 clear sealant. A lot of work went into this but reluctantly it has to go as soon as possible.

The snake itself is a wonderful animal. As you can see in the photos, it has beautiful markings, which are stunning post shed. It has orange eyes and I have witnessed black, blue eye shine at night. It is mostly arboreal but uses all of the enclosure, especially in the evening. It has an amazing character and will award you with its presence at random times, often when you thought you wouldn't. Looks great reaching its neck through the fog.

The lights are on a 16hour cycle(later at the minute) uvb strip light - I wanted to upgrade to a Jungle Dawn, humidifier is on 2hours morning, 1hour evenings. Plants are doing well.

Snake feeds on large mice or small rats every 4-6weeks. Snake has great temperament - inquisitive, alert, will happily come out at night if you leave door open. And great in the hand once relaxed.

There are other bits that can come with this set up ie cool fan thermostat(brand new condition). It's a steal already but needs to go so may be open to offers. I think I have covered most things, if you have any questions please pm me. More pics available. £180. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-J610FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
784 Posts
Gorgeous!

I would so love to offer Hera the new home. Space is the only reason I couldn’t step up.

Only suggest you give a location, and really hope you find the very best home for Hera.

Best regards,

Andy

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Zinc, it's a stunning snake. If there was any(any) way I could take them with me I would, so I am willing to split the set up if necessary.

It's the snakes well being I am most concerned about. If anyone is interested and has an enclosure for the snake already, I will consider letting the snake go separately.

·
Registered
11,319 Posts
This is a phenomenal offer.
If I was nearby I would snap this up as I would love to get atbs again.
While the snake itself is a very normal garden phase rather than a coloured form, she is easily worth £150, and is absolutely gorgeous. The enclosure itself is worth a lot given how it is set up.
This is an absolute bargain of a sale.
Whoever takes this will have done very, very well indeed.
Get yourself a mate for this snake and you will be producing babies in no time.
The species has a bad rep for aggression but it's a totally misrepresented rep. They are not aggressive, just defensive. If you know how to approach them, you literally will never get bitten.
My trio were more docile than any corn or royal I've encountered.
Easy to keep, easy to breed, babies easy to rear.
The viv is big enough for a pair.
Hopefully this helps your sale!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Ian, that means a lot. Yes, the breed are absolutely fantastic and full of character.

Hera is one of the most beautiful normal phase atbs I have seen and is very active especially in the evening.

It is a very good deal, I am pricing to sell unfortunately as I have to move, so i will take offers on the snake or set up separately.

Thanks again Ian, you are the kind of keeper I need my baby to go to.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow, I only wish 1) I had more experience and 2) was closer. I love what you have done to the enclosure. That's the level of detail I truly appreciate, great work. I'm guessing here as a noob that the potential running costs are putting people off due to ongoing raising electricity fears. Whoever ends up with this will be a lucky person. Your baby is also stunning.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Moyzie, thank you it is a real beauty and thank you, a lot of thought has gone into the enclosure. It's like a rainforest in my front room.

Very lovely, as I said previously when they stick their neck out of the foliage through the fog. Priceless.

As Ian says, there is some stigma attached to atbs with aggressive behaviour. The critics couldn't be more wrong. Its alert and curious. A beautiful breed.

Thanks for helping clear that up Ian. A muchly misunderstood breed.

Ian is also right on the enclosure too, it's a very very good deal but time persists and I have to sell.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good news you'll all be happy about.. A friend of mine said he'd look after Hera until I've sorted a place. He keeps inverts and spiders but with a little coaching Hera will be safe there.

Exactly the outcome I was looking for. Thanks for all your kind words and wishes. I'll update you when she's settled in my new place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.