Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Milk snake is about 6-7 months old, it takes about 4 1/2 minutes to eat a pinkie, should i stay with one pinkie per week as presently or offer him another one at feeding time ?

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
deffinatly move it up to multis, try 2, at first for it's first few feeeds, then move it to 3 till it's ready to go up a food size

·
Registered
13,984 Posts
My Milk snake is about 6-7 months old, it takes about 4 1/2 minutes to eat a pinkie, should i stay with one pinkie per week as presently or offer him another one at feeding time ?
At six to seven months it should be near ready for fuzzies, small ones albeit. If he is too small for fuzzies you should be giving him at least two pinkies per feeding

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
My variable kings 7mths ago & takes 1 fuzzie

·
Registered
347 Posts
In my opinion, a snake should take 10-15 minutes to digest its food (eat it)

·
Registered
13,984 Posts
In my opinion, a snake should take 10-15 minutes to digest its food (eat it)
To ingest it's food you mean. My large MBK has her adult mice down in under five minutes, my Albino Cali takes slightly longer. There isn't a timing to determine the size of prey items for your snake. Prey size is determined by the size of your snake, compared to the prey, and what its jaws can engulf

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone,

I'll try two this weekend, because after eating he is sniffing around, think he is looking for more to eat !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts