Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good idea to keep your eyes open if you are out and about

p.s. any good suggestions as to getting snakes off if you get tagged (other than dont get taged in the first place) :lol:

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
thats a good question and 1 id like opinions on too please.

That video mad me cringe!! OUCH!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
nuttyfisheer said:
good idea to keep your eyes open if you are out and about

p.s. any good suggestions as to getting snakes off if you get tagged (other than dont get taged in the first place) :lol:
whisky!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
if a snake bites u pour whisky on it and it will let go. or any alcoholic liquid for that matter. whisky is just my preference as id need a drink aswell.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
surely alcohol will damage the snake as u would either get some in its mouth or even worse in its eyes!!???

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It won't get in the snakes eyes as they're completely covered with a clear scale (brille) like built-in goggles! It will get in its mouth and possibly sting a little, which is what makes it let go. No permanent damage though, unless i guess if it bites you ten times a day and gets through half a bottle!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
See I didn't have any alcohol at the time.. but you can use vinegar.. but I had run out of that too :lol: :lol: I just pulled him off with some tongs carefully.

·
Registered
606 Posts
tried the vinager thing and its lies!!! it just made my hand sting even more!!!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
The thing I find worst about all snake bites is putting the antiseptic on after.. I know its probably fine but I want to be sure.. but thats what hurts the most.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
NNY said:
The thing I find worst about all snake bites is putting the antiseptic on after.. I know its probably fine but I want to be sure.. but thats what hurts the most.
alochol is an antispectic so just use whisky!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Not a whisky drinker.. but better get in extra vodka and hope i get bitten more :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I now have a squirty bottle of vodka on top of my madagasy hogs viv after I got tagged with no one else in the house and went through hell trying to get her off me! :lol:

Frankly if she's willing to bite me, Im willing to squirt her, I doubt the sting from the alcohol is that bad.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts