Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just another follow up on a thread I made a long time ago.

Long story short, I had a P. Irminia moult into a mature male. I put a post up saying I would loan him out for 50/50 on the slings if any were produced. User on here un4given asked could he have it and I sent it to him free of charge.

I received confirmation that the mating had taken place, further confirmation (after quite a lot of texting and messaging asking if it had) that it was succesful, and the confirmation (again with a lot of work trying to get an answer) that slings were produced.

Since then I have had MAJOR difficulty trying to get the male back to send him out, too late now as I am sure he would have snuffed it. I have received three promises that the slings would be sent of which the latest was on the 19th May. I have yet to receive anything, no response despite several attempts to contact them.

I decided to check what posts they have had up recently or any threads made and low and behold I found one for him selling Irminia slings (http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/invert-classifieds/681141-p-irminia-slings-2.html).

I would advise extreme caution when dealing with him as not only am I out of pocket for the delivery and purchase of suitable housing requirements for the T's i were to receive, but I have wasted a lot of time and effort trying to actually contact the seller and actually get what I believe I am entitled to, 50% of the surviving slings. I have sent one last text today and then I am giving it up as a bad job. I do hope I get a response.

But the purpose of this is to warn gullible and trusting folk like myself, that even though you may be willing to send your pets free of charge to another breeder, they may not be so willing to actually send you back what you expect. Thoroughly annoyed and disappointed, this is my first bad experience with a fellow hobbyist but I am sure it will not be the last unfortunately.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry to hear what's happened!

This is why people don't send out on 50/50 loans! Personally with my males i just sell them due to people like this.

I'll send you some p.regalis if i get a sack if that helps :p

·
Registered
27,924 Posts
Ok just another follow up on a thread I made a long time ago.

Long story short, I had a P. Irminia moult into a mature male. I put a post up saying I would loan him out for 50/50 on the slings if any were produced. User on here un4given asked could he have it and I sent it to him free of charge.

I received confirmation that the mating had taken place, further confirmation (after quite a lot of texting and messaging asking if it had) that it was succesful, and the confirmation (again with a lot of work trying to get an answer) that slings were produced.

Since then I have had MAJOR difficulty trying to get the male back to send him out, too late now as I am sure he would have snuffed it. I have received three promises that the slings would be sent of which the latest was on the 19th May. I have yet to receive anything, no response despite several attempts to contact them.

I decided to check what posts they have had up recently or any threads made and low and behold I found one for him selling Irminia slings (http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/invert-classifieds/681141-p-irminia-slings-2.html).

I would advise extreme caution when dealing with him as not only am I out of pocket for the delivery and purchase of suitable housing requirements for the T's i were to receive, but I have wasted a lot of time and effort trying to actually contact the seller and actually get what I believe I am entitled to, 50% of the surviving slings. I have sent one last text today and then I am giving it up as a bad job. I do hope I get a response.

But the purpose of this is to warn gullible and trusting folk like myself, that even though you may be willing to send your pets free of charge to another breeder, they may not be so willing to actually send you back what you expect. Thoroughly annoyed and disappointed, this is my first bad experience with a fellow hobbyist but I am sure it will not be the last unfortunately.
OMG that's awful it really is. If I was EVER to breed them I'd never loan a T to anyone.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
I actually remember your initial post about this matter and I must say I'm rather disgusted at Jonny for not making good on the 50/50. I know I wont have anything to do with him hopefully a subsequent classified ban should follow for him also.

People like him are a disgrace to the hobby.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats nice of you Josh but that won't be necessary you don't have to make up for anything :). Good luck with the sac though!

I have never had an issue with it before until now. Funnily enough after posting this, maybe coincidence? I received a reply to my text saying he would call me later on. Here is hoping...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Thats nice of you Josh but that won't be necessary you don't have to make up for anything :). Good luck with the sac though!

I have never had an issue with it before until now. Funnily enough after posting this, maybe coincidence? I received a reply to my text saying he would call me later on. Here is hoping...
I hope you get this resolved fella. I've been looking forward to loaning any MM's I get for 50/50's but now I feel a little unsure about it.
I hate that their are people out there that ruin trust in a system. If I say I will do something, THEN I DO IT. Job done, no questions.

I find the world has changed a bit from when I was a boy.....

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
People like him are a disgrace to the hobby.
Here! here!

I see a seller in classifieds offering a spider for sale which has been mated to my male on a 50/50. No notice at all of the ongoing agreement.

50/50 stinks as far as I am concerned unless I know the breeder.

Sorry for your loss Dude, but if you want some P cambs slings, I will put some your way FOC.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I see a seller in classifieds offering a spider for sale which has been mated to my male on a 50/50. No notice at all of the ongoing agreement.

That is a major pee take! .... the least they could do is offer you first dibs before putting her up for sale.

The etiquette and antics of some of the members on this forum do puzzle me at times.
-P

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here! here!

50/50 stinks as far as I am concerned unless I know the breeder.

Sorry for your loss Dude, but if you want some P cambs slings, I will put some your way FOC.
I based my opinion on more of the fact about how long he had been on here, and the post and threads and replies he had already had about many sales he had done before. Mistake on my part perhaps, again mate thanks for the offer but I couldn't possible expect anyone to give me some slings just because I have had a hard time of it so far :lol2:. Thanks for the offer though its really appreciated. Hopefully its just been some strange series of events though and that he does call me later tonight and we get something sorted :)

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Tbh iv never had an issue with un4given and iv done a few trades etc with him
I must say I have never understood the attitude of "Ohh well Ive dealt with him and hes always been ok with me etc..." If hes ripped one person off that is enough for me not to want to deal with him.

Its like that RobC video I posted in Off Topic last week, do you think Rob decided to call Alex080 out on that video because he had ripped off the people he names in it? Or do you think he maybe made the video because he got ripped off himself by him???

Best quote...

"How many video reviews have I done for you? And you know the sad part, people think it was about the free T's it was never about it" Haha, yeah right...

:whistling2:

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
i've sent a message asking for clarification on the subject and locking this just in the meantime so it doesnt turn into a total circus of doom :)

in the meantime please take the opportunity to peruse the rest of the forum whilst playing some calming music in the background...

brb :2thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.