Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning a dear friend brought around a boa constrictor that had been taken to her shop. It was not taken to the shop via the owner of the snake, but by someone whom had taken the snake from the owner.

But when I had taken the snake from the bag it was immediately apparent that the snake was in a very serious state of ill health. In fact in all the years that I have been around reptiles I have NEVER seen anything like this before. This 6ft+ boa constrictor was so thin, dehydrated, contorted in such a way it is very difficult to describe and the stench was really over poweringly unbearable. The poor snake had mouth rot, there was pus seeping from his swollen mouth and his nostrils. Mouth rot to this degree I have never seen in my life! From my judgement I felt that it would be impossible to save this poor creature. So I rang Pennine Vets immediately and was told to go there straight away. Ian (the vet) told me what i already knew... that the snake could NOT be saved. Even though mouth rot is treatable, this had gone too far and the snakes lungs was full of fluid that you actually heard when I an was examining the snake. The squelching sound from it's lungs was disgusting! Ian opened the snakes mouth and it was ulcerated and covered in what looked like cheesy bacteria. There was obvious internal organ damage too. Seeing this almost lifeless creature on the table was heart breaking! Finally after some struggling to find the poor snakes heart Ian delivered the fatal injection... a few seconds later the snake was finally no longer suffering.
THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS KIND OF TREATMENT!
Ian did say this is a definate case of animal cruelty, but trying to find out who did this is going to be hard or near impossible. But I promise you all this... IF I get the guys details then so help me God I WILL see this further and do my best to prosecute.

G

·
omg...poor thing.....in a way im glad the snake is out of pain and suffering....but on the other hand its so sad it got like that.
sorry it was too late for you denise x

ive just had an email about 2 burms im kinda concerned about...can i email you denise and whats your addy?

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
whf do people do this for its heartbreaking to think some1 can put a snake through this kind of treatment the poor snake im in tears at the moment i would love to get my hands on the person who did this is i am sooooooooooooo bloody sickened and angry and my heart goes out to you who had to witness this kind of animal cruelty but thank god the poor snake went to you and was finally put out of its misery

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Some people just dont deserve to be on this planet,,,i hope you find this person and get them prosecuted.heartbreaking story, :cry:

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
forget procecution, get me his adress, and he wont be able to walk agin, let alon hold a snake...people like that do not deserve to live, why not just give it up at the first stages if he cant afford, or doesnt want to afford treatment...just let the c**ts hang (and i wont use that word often)

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The guy just came into my friends shop with it...she brought the snake to me. I am doing my best to track this arse hole down.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
you probably wont find him :( and remember its not your fault, there is nothing you could have done, and you did the best thing for the boa, by letting him go. the people should be truly ashamed, but thank god the animals have somone like you too look out for them, well done, and i am only sorry that it didnt come to YOU sooner. :(

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
babe did you get photos of the poor snake so if you do find the :censor: it will be easier to prosicute him because this guy really needs sending away for a long long long time

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The shop was in Wigan. The keeper (my friend) is trying to help too.

the snake is in my fridge as i have no digi cam here (bought one at xmas but it was shafted) so borrowing my mums to take the pics....then I am going to post on the forum. Spoke with the RSPCA and cant do jack obviously until I find out who it was.

·
Registered
354 Posts
that is awful, its so horrible, i hope you got pictures as the rspca can prosecute but only with [pictures they can also take away the guys right to ever own a single pet again and hell prob get jail time. Did the vet take pics for their files.

We work with the sspca building cases for prosecution and they say photos are the most vital part to prosecute.
Also any eye witnesses such as the vet too,

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I only asked cos i used to live in Bolton n knew a few people who kept snakes,,,,I really hope you find this ass**le and make him pay for what he did.How can people be so f'in cruel :x

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
i know its proberley a daft idea but cant you check the other rep shops to see if any1 knows the fella if he did feed it he would have to go and get its food from somewhere personally i would put something in the local paper and ask if anybody knows who he is shame the bastard some1 has got to know who he is

1 - 20 of 63 Posts