Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANIMAL Planet are going to screen a selection of Steve Irwin's shows as a tribute to the late crocodile hunter.

The Australian conservationalist died on Monday after being stabbed in the heart by the barb of a stingray.

The event will highlight Steve’s background and personal history, from his early days at Australia Zoo, to his worldwide fame as a wildlife enthusiast.

The special programming marathon will feature some of the best episodes from the long-running Crocodile Hunter series.

A spokesperson for the channel said: "Steve was a true pioneer and heralded a fresh and innovative approach to wildlife filmmaking.

"He invigorated the genre and introduced a new generation of viewers to the natural world with his joyful, enthusiastic style.

"We are celebrating his legacy by showcasing his unforgettable work on Animal Planet."

The shows will be screened this Sunday from 1pm.

Just found this if anyone is interested,i know i'll be watchin.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Nice oen mate, it comes in handy that I've just got Sky Plus installed, so I can record the programs :p :D :lol:

·
Registered
991 Posts
When will this be shown as i must watch it?

I just heard they are doing a public memorial service in australia for him. I wonder if they will do anything over here as I really can't afford the trip to oz?

i suppose not but it would be nice. we sent a card but i just feel that is not enough :cry:

remember LEGENDS NEVER DIE His body just left the earth........Still doesn't make it any easier to come to terms with though :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Hammer Man, I can't promisse, but I'll try and record the program on my Sky, trouble being I don't have a VCR or DVD recorder. At least if I manage to record, it will be there for as long as I want then I just need to beg, borrow or steal a DVD recorder or a VCR :lol:

If I manage to find a solution I'd post the DVD to you for free, it cost peanuts really :wink:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Dexter said:
Hammer Man, I can't promisse, but I'll try and record the program on my Sky, trouble being I don't have a VCR or DVD recorder. At least if I manage to record, it will be there for as long as I want then I just need to beg, borrow or steal a DVD recorder or a VCR :lol:

If I manage to find a solution I'd post the DVD to you for free, it cost peanuts really :wink:
Dexter you are a gentleman, thank you kindly.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I'm still gutted! I know some people don't like particular naturists (lets face it some are idiots) but Steve Irwin was a genuine bloke who loved reptiles and everything that moves! A true conservationist who will be greatly missed... I think he's done alot for the reptile world

1 - 14 of 14 Posts