Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive decided that anoles are the lizards for me. so over the next month i'll be setting up my tank, cant wait :)
ive been looking at the threads about making your own background rock feature for in the tank with the polystyrene so im going to give that a go as well. i have my tank 30x18x18 with a habistat and ceremic heater, so i just need to get the decor, uv light and the anoles and sort out some space for the tank.

was just hoping for a bit anole chat, i.e if you have them how many do you have etc
any pics of your set ups, any problems youve had??
thanks Adam

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
i have cuban night anoles in a 4ft x 5ft x 3ft full of plants there love it not vey handable though but i have my other lizards for that ... good luck with you new guys

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have 3 Green Anoles in a setup similar to yours. 2ft 5%UVB strip.

30C at one end, 22-25 at the cooler end.

They seem happy enough, active, green, eating well and have recently had my first eggs :)

Thinking I may move them to a 4 foot glass setup, possibly with the addition of a 3rd female and put locusts in the smaller one to try to breed for my spiders...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great, thanks for the replys
any pics? :mf_dribble:

does anyone have any real plants in theirs??
would it be better if i turned my tank verticle so it would be 30(h)x18(w)x18(d) ??
do you use a normal light bulb for the heat?

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
no i use a cermic bulb what is caged as there like to climb... and i also have a UV light in there to and i keep real plants in mine to

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what kinda plants do you have in? can i get these plants from the local shop or do you have to buy online??
cheers

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
hi i've got 7 in a 4x3x2ft viv with a powersun for heating. they have real plants in there, one of the best is devils ivy. if you go to a graden centre and ask what plants are good in humidity they will tell ya. i use eco earth as substate and they readily use it to lay eggs in. got my third baby now. :)
if i was you i would turn your tank upright so they have more height than length.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the response's. i may just keep the tank horizontal as its already built up with air vents and stuff so there will be one on the bottom :hmm: not sure yet though. maybe i could make a new one as i did get this one free haha.
i'll keep informed and probs should have some pics up when its all done.
cheers

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
great pics there :smile:

what are anoles toilet manors like?? i mean do they do it in one place like leo's or just wherever takes their fancy :lol2:

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
they're like birds :smile: just go anywhere

·
Registered
766 Posts
yeah mine love to sit on a branch and do it so it has about a 3ft drop lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts