Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a large discussion it looks like i'm just going to introduce a few more anoles to my viv. Does anyone know where in stoke-on-trent theres a good place to get a nice male green or a different variety like knight anole.

Thanks mattb22

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
knight anoles is probably a no no!
reckon they would eat a small enough anole given the chance! they get pretty big...

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
yeh they are the largest of the anoles i think... there are others u can get though... however..depends on size and age of individuals

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
saw one the other day for sale was about 19 inches!

was very tempted...just ain't got the free tank (even though i bought one today down the bootfair for a £2 bargain, it's already full!!)

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
the only other anole you can keep with a green, is a brown anole. discount koi and aquatics in stoke will order them in for ya but they'll be WC so make sure you quarantine them. also family friends (think its called) sometimes has some in. there is also a shop in tunstall (grubby place tho) that has greens in sometimes.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my other two, I ordered from family friends but they don't really order specific sex, so I might try discount koi?. Seen a blue anole on exotic pets, but its meant to be rare, also meant to be a morph from green.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
i got my latest ones from here PrestWood PetZone
but i had to sex them myself and catch them. if i go down there i can get ya some if ya like. you don't wanna end up with loads of males cause they will just die of stress.
there is someone on this forum with a blue anole. i'm pretty sure they are bigger than greens so i wouldn't advice you mix them.

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
All the Knight Anoles I've seen have been at least 12" +, some 18" and tend to be pretty grumpy/aggressive. I would imagine they would stress, if not injure or kill (yum, lunch) a small green or brown anole.

·
Registered
697 Posts
hi i live on the outskirts of sot in congleton i got my green anoles from a shop in macclesfield he orderd them in and and i collected them the day of delivery there in good health and i found them to be cheap as well at £6 each oh the shop creature comforts too

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
oh i might go there tomorrow is it good?
knight anoles will eat greens and browns.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
oh right ok cheers. have any of you been to quarry farm in audley. its brilliant.

G

·
yeah were mates with terry...he`s a really nice guy isnt he...always helps you out and gives nice discounts lol
he`s a top top guy

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
:smile: yeah he's lovely, i gave him a viv a fews years back so he could get some dart frogs but i havent been for ages. i'll have to have a trip to see him.
possibly the nicest person i've ever met :smile:

G

·
if your into fish theres a really good fish place opened literally 5 mins down road from him...well worth a visit.
where else do you shop?
were going to discount koi and aquatics later...thats a good place too

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
yeah i go dicount koi, theres glovers in fenton. looks really nice but they all smoke and it drives me mad. junction 11 off the m6 has the hollybush garden centre, good place but mainly snakes, cheap crickets tho. family friend bucknall. theres a small shop in tunstall thats cheap but a bit doggie. think thats about it around here. the rest are birmingham and nottingham way. if ya know of any i havent mentioned you'll have to let me know. i love going new shops (god i need a life)

G

·
pets and pastimes in butt lane....quite expensive....but have lizards and snakes and furries etc....

will let vaughn know about the hollybush one...never heard of that

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
yeah its a good one. like i said straight down the m6 off at junction 11 and its sign posted hollybush nursery. think it's second exit of roundabout.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts