Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my "adult male" G rosea moulting a few weeks ago into a female, my A semaani that I rescued from being destroyed by the pet shop has just moulted for the first time since I got it in January this year and i'm 95% certain its another female:2thumb:

Going on a very dried up skin and the fact that i cant see any tibial hooks when it gets into strike position at the entrance to its burrow if I go anywhere near it, I'm saying female.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
nice 1 mate

·
Registered
915 Posts
you will know if there male they tend to have smaller abdomen and there pedipalps are like little boxing gloves i'll try dig some of my pics out soon to show comparison

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
sweet: victory:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
After my "adult male" G rosea moulting a few weeks ago into a female, my A semaani that I rescued from being destroyed by the pet shop has just moulted for the first time since I got it in January this year and i'm 95% certain its another female:2thumb:

Going on a very dried up skin and the fact that i cant see any tibial hooks when it gets into strike position at the entrance to its burrow if I go anywhere near it, I'm saying female.
Why were they going to destroy such a lovely spider, I got my one very cheap because the pet store got stick of trying to sell it.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why were they going to destroy such a lovely spider, I got my one very cheap because the pet store got stick of trying to sell it.
they said it had a "nervous disorder" because it wouldn't eat and couldn't stand on all its legs and its walking was all wobbly

Turned out it wouldn't drink from a sponge like they were using and it was de-hydrated, I gave it a water bowl and it literally ran to it and drank for nearly 5 minutes.

They were going to send it back to the suppliers to be destroyed so I said I'd buy it cheap and give a comfortable last few weeks
that was months ago and its been fine ever since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts